Well it's been fun...

Anything about BXs
TheBig-D

Post by TheBig-D »

DavidRutherford wrote:
TheBig-D wrote:Shoot me down i scrapped a bx.. :roll:
No, what you did was weighed in a complete BX that could have been repaired with a minimal amount of work, or broken for spares to keep others on the road, without mentioning to anyone on the forum that you intended to.
TheBig-D wrote:
I don't plan on getting it fixed i will weigh it in for what ever it's worth.. Really must get my other car on the road.. Vx zafira 1.6 witch failed it's mot on the emmisions test..
:!: :lol: :!:
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

TheBig-D wrote:
DavidRutherford wrote:
No, what you did was weighed in a complete BX that could have been repaired with a minimal amount of work, or broken for spares to keep others on the road, without mentioning to anyone on the forum that you intended to.
TheBig-D wrote:
I don't plan on getting it fixed i will weigh it in for what ever it's worth.. Really must get my other car on the road.. Vx zafira 1.6 witch failed it's mot on the emmisions test..
Hi Dan,
With all due respect, I really think that you are completely missing the point that David, and everyone else in the Club, was trying to make. :shock:

Yes...you told us that you "didn't plan on getting it fixed".......but the whole point is that the BX Club is a group of like-minded people who are trying our best to keep as many of these cars on the road as is reasonably possible.
Even IF your particular BX was actually "unrepairable" (which I very much doubt), there are a lot of members of this Club who would have been happy to pay you "scrap value" (or more) for the car, with the expressed intention of REPAIRING it!
Failing that, there are many, many parts on that BX which would have been of great help to other members, in keeping other BX's on the road.

Surely you can realise that if you make a post, in an almost-celebratory fashion, on a Forum dedicated to SAVING a car, that you have simply scrapped yours, without even having the thought of offering it or its parts to people who would try their utmost to fix the car.....the Club members reading your post might be a teensy-weensy bit miffed, to say the least!

I'm sure that no-one here holds any personal bad feeling towards you for what you have done, as there comes a time when every car reaches the "end of the road", and needs "cubing". The decent thing to have done would have at least given the members the chance to make you an offer for the car, or to remove any useful parts (for cash!) BEFORE simply phoning a breakers to come and take it away. Now all those useful (some hard to find) parts are gone for ever.

Please use a bit of thought in the future, and I sincerely hope that your Zafira never needs any parts replacing when it's 20 years old! (Thought I doubt whether there will be any Zafiras still around in 2028!)

Dave
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

TheBig-D wrote:
DavidRutherford wrote:
TheBig-D wrote: I don't plan on getting it fixed i will weigh it in for what ever it's worth.. Really must get my other car on the road.. Vx zafira 1.6 witch failed it's mot on the emmisions test..
Yes, absolutely Hillarious. Everything seems to be hillarious to you.

That was in your VERY FIRST POST in this thread, and was before everyone had come to the conclusion that it was probably a cheap and easy fix.
On the front page of BXclub, the webmaster wrote:Our aim is to promote the BX, and ensure that surviving examples are either kept on the road, or recycled as spare parts to keep other BX's roadworthy.
What part of that didn't you read/understand?
this might be a signature
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

And the 2008 richard cranium award goes to! :lol: :lol:
answers on a post please.

Regards Kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah well, too late now.
Good job it wasn't a valver really, there'd have been spilt blood!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

It would seem his whole point of joining and posting was as a wind-up! Did his BX even exist in the first place? :?

After all what normal person would join an enthusiasts forum to tell them he's scrapping that car and would be putting an alien one on the road instead?

He's just been having a laugh at our expense guys! :evil:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

You're probably right actually W2G.
Pointless excercise though huh.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
TheBig-D

Post by TheBig-D »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Bored?
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Clearly.

TheBig-D

Post by TheBig-D »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

WARNING ! _troll
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TheBig-D wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
/\ Posted :- Posted:- Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am
TheBig-D wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
/\ Posted:- Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dan, nearly TWO years between the post /\ and the previous one (And nothing new to state/post) :roll:

Wind you head in, or crawl back into the shell you came out off !

Or better still keep taking the tablets instead letsbefriends

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Dont think Danny will be making a comeback now.