National 2008

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

saves me changing the oil though as it does it itself every 3 months.
Plus, just think of all that oil spraying the underbody whilst you're bombing down the roads! Rust???? Bah!!!!! :wink:

Without having seen the problem myself, I still believe (from previous discussions with Adam ) that either the camshaft seal (dizzy end) or the sump gasket, is the culprit! Especially considering that Adam changed the belt end cam seal, and IIRC the GT has had a different sump fitted at some time, possibly from another model (16V?) which required a "spacer" (or not....I can't remember offhand).

Anyway, just a thought! :wink:

Cheers
Dave
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

mountainmanUK wrote:Thanks Frugg! :D

Are the Admission prices the same as last year?

Cheers
Dave
ccc members, traction owners club and 2cvgb

£5 a day
£25 weekend camping

non members and visitors
£7 a day
£30 weekened camping
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

A question for people who have camped there before (and it does seem like a bit of a con that they charge you extra for camping?!)

Is there electric hook-up available for caravans? also, do they have toilet/shower blocks that are actually any good? If they want me to pay extra to stay there for 2 nights in my own facilities then they'd better make it worthwhile.
this might be a signature
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

HOW much?

I'm sure I didn't pay that last year. I'd have remembered.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

mountainmanUK wrote:
saves me changing the oil though as it does it itself every 3 months.
Plus, just think of all that oil spraying the underbody whilst you're bombing down the roads! Rust???? Bah!!!!! :wink:

Without having seen the problem myself, I still believe (from previous discussions with Adam ) that either the camshaft seal (dizzy end) or the sump gasket, is the culprit! Especially considering that Adam changed the belt end cam seal, and IIRC the GT has had a different sump fitted at some time, possibly from another model (16V?) which required a "spacer" (or not....I can't remember offhand).

Anyway, just a thought! :wink:

Cheers
Dave[/quote,

I changed the cambelt and tensioner again as the one fitted did have a nasty "nick" in it and didnt have a cover at that time, the sump is from a 19TRS with A/C as is the engine but it doesnt leak from there, its beter since we did the "top end" gaskets, its more of a drip than a gush now.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Was it really £30 for the w/e last year? I seems I may have to pass on the overnight and bomb up on the Sunday.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Was it really £30 for the w/e last year? I seems I may have to pass on the overnight and bomb up on the Sunday.
That's my plan....same as last year!
Early morning start, 180 mile bomb down the M62/A1, arrive in time for breakfast.........job done! :lol:

I'll save a place next to Monica for ya, Phil.... as 2007!
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

DavidRutherford wrote:A question for people who have camped there before (and it does seem like a bit of a con that they charge you extra for camping?!)

Is there electric hook-up available for caravans? also, do they have toilet/shower blocks that are actually any good? If they want me to pay extra to stay there for 2 nights in my own facilities then they'd better make it worthwhile.
yes, there is electric hook up and there are good toilet and shower blocks.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

mountainmanUK wrote: I'll save a place next to Monica for ya, Phil.... as 2007!

:oops: I'll be in a ZX Volcane... :oops:
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Philip Chidlow wrote:
mountainmanUK wrote: I'll save a place next to Monica for ya, Phil.... as 2007!

:oops: I'll be in a ZX Volcane... :oops:
Oops!! :oops:
Oh well........I'll still talk to you, even if you have to park over the other side of the field, by the X***ias! :wink:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oooooh noooooooooooooooo! :shock: :wink:

Although I seem to remember a couple of ZX's including a red Volcane there last year...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Right, we need to make some decisions here boys!

We've all been looking forward to this, some of us have had to make plans for childcare/time off for good behaviour etc and now it seems we're going to get shafted... a few people, myself included, have said they're not going for that price.

£30 for one night's camping is utterly, utterly ridiculous - it's not that I can't scrape £30 together, it's just that I don't like being shafted. Jon, is it forward of me to ask you to talk to your CCC contacts about some sort of discount?

The other thought that occurs is for us to get together somewhere else, as we've all kept that weekend free. What do we all think?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm with Stuart on this one. I'd be OK with say, £15 for the night even.

Is it a CCC plot to reduce the number of BX Beer Boys making a racket?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Could be. Lets face it, we were rather frowned upon...

£30 is alot of money (well ok, it's £25 for me but it's still alot) to park in a field, drink beer and stick a tent up.
I cant see it encouraging people to turn up.
And this discount rate for members seems to be rather arse about face too.
Surely having a discount for non members might attract more non members to turn up, and maybe even get the CCC some new members?
Although I note that there's no BX section again this month, so I further wonder as to the point of being a member at all.

I like your thinking Stuart, but it may be a bit late to organise a stand alone event for just us lot now, it's only two weeks away.

But for next year I think we definetley need to arrange an event for the BX Boys 2CVGB stylee, where drinking beer and talking bollocks is paramount and the concours condition of your car is given no credence.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

The CCC site just gives the dates and doesn't give any info or promotion of the event. :?

However, Practical Classics gives more info and a contact telephone number to discuss camping:

CAMBS: JULY 11-13 2008 ( FRIDAY-SUNDAY) CITROEN CAR CLUB NATIONAL RALLY

AT : ADJACENT TO WOOD GREEN ANIMAL SHELTER
LONDON ROAD
GODMANCHESTER
HUNTINGDON
CAMBS
PE29 2NH

CAMPING AVAILABLE ON SITE CALL PATRICK RUGG ON 07960 501700 OR VISIT www.citroencarclub.org.uk
1991 BX19GTi Auto