Jon's Blog started 7th October 2007!

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Jon, think I have one of those period Phillips sets that is surplus to requirements - unless I threw it out at the last clearout. Let me know if yo uare interested and I will have a look for you.

I heard somewhere that Louis Barbour is retiring to France shortly. Can you confirm ?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Sorry Jon. The Phillips is not to be found - so I must have thrown it out.
Shame, it was only a few weeks ago that I had a bit of a sort out.

I am sure ebay would come up with something suitable.

Ah, so Louis is going to Croatia - now that is different !
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Keep us informed on the retest. I really hope you'll be bringing it to the National - I'm really looking forward to meeting you.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Once again Jon : Good work! See you next week :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

jonkw wrote:Having read Chris's blog about the far from gay life on the buses, and having been left sobered by that loss of life, I can't come jauntily on here really.
Depressingly I have more similar stories I may share at some point, but life goes on for those left behind, and there's always getting drunk...

The one positive to take from it is that life is a bloody temporary thing and it's best to make the most of every second of it whilst you can.

Top work on the car mate. Really, you must be chuffed after all that work!
I think rewarding yourself with BXer of the month is well called for.

The joy of having the car legal and usable is that all those little jobs wont get you down so much since you can take it for a blat and remind yourself why it's worthwhile.
I keep getting into the mindset with the coach of "it's a waste of money, it'll never be the way I want" etc etc, and I keep thinking I should just sell the thing and cut my losses. Then I take it for a spin and remember why I couldn't sell it or give up, it may be a money pit and it may take 10 years to do but it's bloody good fun!

It was exactley the same with my valver, the number of times I wanted to throw it in the bin and forget about it was innumerable. But once I got behind the wheel again the penny dropped and I knew I just couldn't give up or part with it.
Valvers are infact very much and every bit FTW.

Looking forward to having a go in it!
Most importantley, ENJOY.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Yup. It's amazing what can turn invisible in heavy spray.
M

Post by M »

Yes, even in mild drizzle with my headlamp on and wearing a Hi Viz yello coat I am rendered completly invisible to twats in a Silver Village Taxis Primera, still his door got a shoeing as I passed him.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

jonkw wrote:Britain's motorists!! See when it is pouring with rain?! Drive with dipped headlamps on!!! If you're driving in a silver Passat with no lights in pish poor weather at over 100mph and I have looked 4 times in my van's door mirror and luckily spot you at the final millisecond then it's lucky for you then..... :roll: You might be so lucky the next time.
This is one thing that makes me :evil:

I used to flash all these numpties with no lights on in poor conditions. But now Lucy prefers I concentrate on my own driving and let everyone else get on with it.

They don't have a fugging clue!! I'm sure they see all the lights around them and think "well, *I* can see" ... but it's the good old "SEE AND BE SEEN" which ought to be drummed into their nimwit skulls.

I remember once being on the A3 near Wisley, it started absolutely tipping it down, and some old guy behind me carried on oblivious in really poor visibility. Took a lot of flashing rear fogs, hazard lights etc for the penny to drop!!

I'd love to take a ride out in an unmarked patrol car and watch how many of these idiots get pulled over for no lights in heavy rain or thick fog...

Cyclists too (in fog and at night).

Mark.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hhmm, mine used to do that too, the trick with the low coolant warning light. Although only ever if I clogged it up hills.

Mine stopped doing it after I changed the collant but to this day I dont know why.

I guesstimated that the level in the tank dropped enough to set the light off when the revs came up (it's amazing how much coolant is drawn from the tank when it's revving) but then I guessd it couldn't be that since backing off the throttle even a bit put the light out.

Either way if the collant level is checked often then the most important guage is the water temp. If that stays steady I tend not to worry.

Somewhere in amongst thirty thousand tonnes of shite I have a fuel pump plate and rubber band.
I shall dig it out for ya, but it wont be before the national as I know where it is, and it'll take me three weeks to dig all the crap out the way to get to it!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...