National 2008

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Well, I got back to sunny Wales safe and sound, had a great day (and night!) although it's taken me until now to be able to face another drink...

Let's see some photos and roll on the next one!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Same here! Got back at just before 8 tonight......not a bad trip, but a LOT busier than coming down this morning! ( 2 hrs 40 mins down, exactly 3 hrs back.)
Thoroughly enjoyed the day, as expected.......got a nasty case of sunburn on my head and neck!
Picked up a few good bargains, including a brand-new front strut for £20!!

It was great to see all the "old faces" again, plus a few new ones that I've not met before ( Jonkw, David R., among others), and hopefully talked a couple of newbie BX owners into joining our merry bunch of reprobates!!

Look forward to seeing y'all at Stratford in 5 weeks.

Dave
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Just got back, very sunburned, very tired but surprisingly not hungover! Great days - good to see you all. Photos to follow soon.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Also back home,after picking up works van and loading it for morning, back to reality!!how i hate monday mornings!!
A reg BX performed superbly,did'nt miss a beat in some 220 miles,it may be basic,but its a real pleasure to drive!
convoyed back with mark evans in his BX, had the "sounding of horns" through the Hatfield tunnel! had to be done!!
Great to meet up with you all, starting to put names to faces now!!
Who's going to Rome next month?
chris

:D
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ian_Fearn wrote:Gotta be worth it though right :?:
Sure is, Ian.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Got back to Glasgow at midnight and have pillar box red sunburn. Was good meeting the BXers and I especially loved seeing all those Mk1s. Loved the BX14E and the GT especially. Good show

GT:

Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Good to meet you to mate, the hair is legendary now!
I think you should at once get a BX, you seem like BX guy material!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

docchevron1472 wrote:I think you should at once get a BX, you seem like BX guy material!
I think so too. In fact I think you should swap your CX for my BX!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

stuart_hedges wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:I think you should at once get a BX, you seem like BX guy material!
Aye, Graeme!
A BX turbo-D would make much more sense for eating up all those M6 miles coming down from Glasgae! :wink:
As for further "meets", there are a couple of 2CVGB meets not that far from you (Silloth nr. Carlisle springs to mind) later this summer, and I believe the Scottish section of the CCC has a meet around Hawick or Jedburgh way coming up?

Great to meet you, and glad to hear you made it back OK!

Cheers
Dave (mountainmanUK)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

stuart_hedges wrote:I think so too. In fact I think you should swap your CX for my BX!
*Points at Stu*
Told you you couldn't resist.
this might be a signature
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

A very few photos can be found here, but I'm afraid you're going to have to wait for the rest. I accidentally bought a black-and-white film for the SLR and it will take Boots 12 days to get them developed for me :(
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I have had a BX!! it was my first ever Cit, I was on TV with it pulling a 'fast one' on 'Deals on wheels' that was funny.
I knew you were going to say that Hedges! I think you were getting the same feelings on Saturday that I did when I first got the thing "O, it's really quite nice in here"

remember that CX only cost £700, the rest is all cheap bits off ebay and loads of manual labour!

But I'm definately after a BX, maybe a deez but I rekon the ideal BX for me is a Mk 1 16(T)RS, 19 GT running on, you guessed it!, LPG gas - sweet. I'm still interested in one of Mr Salter's old deezelz but no cash unless I can get the Xantia sold to some nutter who'd like a non turbo auto. but with only 28K on the clock! It probably couldn't manage any more than 28K in 13 years with that 'box 'n block combo!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
M

Post by M »

Aerodynamica wrote:I have had a BX!! it was my first ever Cit, I was on TV with it pulling a 'fast one' on 'Deals on wheels' that was funny.
Please elaborate :D
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

DavidRutherford wrote:
stuart_hedges wrote:I think so too. In fact I think you should swap your CX for my BX!
*Points at Stu*
Told you you couldn't resist.
My old car in a nicer colour with less rust and more LPG? Nope, I couldn't resist that at all. I doubt Aerodynamica will be putting it up for sale any time soon but I'll be first in the queue if he does!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Graeme, how do you find the switch over between LPG and petrol?

I missed the chance to chat to you about the conversion.
Over and out from me