PLATES!

Anything about BXs
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Re: plates

Post by Terry Brooks »

st gilles wrote:I bought a plate through Ebay for £30 plus the £80 DVLA fee. Its a Northern Irish plate which are fine over here. ...... When I spoke to the seller after winning it.... ...... he told me that he normally makes a bit more than that.
I bought a matching pair of NI plates for my car and bike "TBZ ????"...paid £200 + 2x £80 transfer fees ...they're worth [or rather people are asking] more than that now.
Another suggestion would be to go for the "Hi" or "Hiya" type plate ...H1BXR,H14BXR,H1ABX .......[Hi BXer,Hiya BXer] if youre running a late model BX .....and dont forget that you can make the 8 look like a B ...how far can you stretch your imagination?
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
st gilles

plates

Post by st gilles »

Tim, remember if you are buying from a firm there's VAT on that and the £80 fee from the DVLA .......so at a rough est. that makes the £245 one; £302 + the £80....... time you've paid for the plates you're looking at £400. You could get a lot of BX's for that! Somewhere in the region of 200 if Cavmads last purchase is anything to go by........lol. And Terry, didn't like to say but I bought another 'OUI' for my bike so I've got a matching pair as well. Still looking for that add.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

B19TXD/C19TXD or C7TBX from dvla is £399 all in! Anyone want to buy me a christmas pressie! Im SO Tempted maybe go for the last one as it has more appeal!.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

No, but I`ll give you £35 towards it when I buy your BX!

On a slightly more serious (and on topic) subject there used to be a company that advertised in the local Auto Trader that did very cheap English cover plates. Along the lines of MCH ***D for about £50 upwards plus fees.
I`ll see if I can dig out a number for them if you want.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive decided that if C7TBX is there next week when I get my bonus cheque its going on my TZD, so then if i can manage it B19TXD may follow funds allowing! My mate has a number plate machine at work so can fiddle with it!
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

Image is about as close as I can get to my car! I would have to mess with the spacing though alot!

Image this would have been good on my CX!

ok, ive broken the dvla website... it wont load now.... sure there are more you could have and good ones too for cheap.

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Surely F1 XIT would be better for you Tim2cv?! :lol:

RED 16V would do for my BX...

Ian
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Why not have proper number and be DIFFERENT, next thing you'll all be driving around in BMWs with your fog lights on.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I saved a fortune on private plates by simply changing my name by deed poll to match my car.
Hope this helps, DHG 511W.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would rather have the clap Ken then own a BMW. Cant justify £600 for one number diference on a plate tho!
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

tim leech wrote:

my old science teacher had a citroen dyanne with the plate DYC1T (DY CIT) That before people went plate crazy!

i know who owns it now and he lives in the same part of the world that you do

maybe the science teacher still owns it 8)
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Whats his name and is he small with glasses and a beard?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

well in order of preference, here's what i want;

V4 NNY - Cost comes in about £4,000 and i would have to buy a Xantia
YNN 4V - DVLA refuse to give me ANY details about it, but as best i can tell its never been registered!

D19 TBX - diesel 1.9 Turbo BX :D - £580 at the moment
VA 06 NNY - £580! But would have to get a VERY new car or get it on my dads new picasso in January
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

I'm keeping the normal reg as I have just had some pressed aluminium plates made up in the french style (SAME AS 2CV) to go on once the bumpers and body work have been done, oh and it can be driven again! lol!
Ill post a picture later if i get chance (cant at work)

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
st gilles

plates

Post by st gilles »

They'll look cool Tim, I had a no. plate maker/key maker/ shoe repairer in France make me a rear plate (its all you need for a bike) for my Harley Sportster a few years back .......done in black and pressed aluminium. Looked brilliant and very unusual over here.......had to tell him it was ok for here though as he was unsure about it all.........maybe they're only allowed to make them if you have the carte grise (logbook) over there.