4X4 Back on the road again

Anything about BXs
cxprestigeauto
Confirmed BX'er

4X4 Back on the road again

Post by cxprestigeauto »

Well subject to me getting to the post office on time tomorrow my new baby should be back (legally!) on the Queens highway for the first time in a couple of years :D . She seems to have spent most of that time sat under a large conifer tree judging by all the needles in every orifice and the HUGE amount of resin cr&p all over the paint work! I have now used a cutting polish, then clay bar and then another coat of polish and she is still a bit rough to the touch :? Nice and shiny though 8) .

The guy who gave me the car managed to find ALL the paperwork so I now have the full history of the car from original purchase invoice, every MOT and every invoice. It is great to have so much history for the car. Unfortunately it shows just how much of a money pit the car has been to all its owners :cry:

To prove that it was not a cheap car the total on the road cost was £14128.46 in 1991!

Still at least I can do everything myself so I am pretty confident of keeping the costs under control :roll:

Rob
CX 25 IE Pallas auto 1985
Banham Sprint Kit Car (Frogeye Sprite)
Renault Modus 1.5 106 dci (Company Car)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Well donr Rob!

On the plus side, if it's been a money pit for all it's previous owners, perhaps it will be nice and cheap for you!

Enjoy!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cxprestigeauto
Confirmed BX'er

Post by cxprestigeauto »

Well we are on the road!

Slightly hicuppy running but now has a very full petrol tank, £72 :cry:

I am hoping that with all the stale stuff diluted we should pick up a little.

She looks bonny with a coat of polish and a freshly valeted interior. Still a bit of 'detailing' to do but will give her a good run on Monday.

Rob
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Any photos Rob?
cxprestigeauto
Confirmed BX'er

Post by cxprestigeauto »

No post polish photos I am afraid! I will try to take a couple on Monday but I am then away on Holiday for a week so there may be a delay!

I will try my best.

Rob