Problems With The 3 (Three) Network

Anything about BXs
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Problems With The 3 (Three) Network

Post by CitroXim »

This evening the forums (both the FCF and BXC) started playing up by giving lots of instances of popping up a login box and other errors.

I found the problem, after rebooting the webservers to no avail, to be a "rougue" IP address originating from the 3 network creating hundreds of "guest" sessions into the FCF and bringing it to its knees, along with the BXC. I had to ban the "rogue" IP address to regain order and normal service.

I shall monitor carefully and if it continues, I may have to ban all access to the forums from the 3 network and this may have an impact on those who use the 3 network mobile internet.

Does anyone on here regularly make use of 3 mobile internet?
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Nothing to do with 3G - my dialup was just the same.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

jeremy wrote:Nothing to do with 3G - my dialup was just the same.
Are you on dialup then jeremy?

No, what happened was a user of the "3" 3G network managed to create multiple (hundreds) of guest (i.e. not a registered user) sessions into the FCF and crashed it, almost, along with this forum as they share webservers and databases.

It's something that I've seen before with 3 as I have a 3 mobile internet modem and I've accidentially done the same. It is a problem with the 3 mobile internet system it seems.

Quite what 3's problem is I don't yet know. I'll try and get hold of their technical support in the morning and have a natter with them.

As I say, if it reoccurs. I'll have to consider banning all access to the BXC and FCF from 3 mobile internet.
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

I have a 3 mobile broadband dongle which I use on my laptop occasionally. However in the past when trying to log on here I received a message that I was banned and to contact admin to resolve the problem! This was quite a few months ago so I don't even attempt to log in here with it now.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Have been using a 3 dongle to access this site for the last few days - there don't appear to be any problems at this end (apart from a very occasional timeout message). If I'm causing any problems I don't know about let me know, please.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Interestingly I have no isues accessing via my 3 mobile donge, but cant access via the 3 mobile phone using wap.