Its Official!! the next "ICCCR" to be held in UK

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Its Official!! the next "ICCCR" to be held in UK

Post by ren16tx »

The "ICCCR" is held every 4 years,it has been confirmed at this years meeting in Rome, the the next ICCCR will take place in the UK,in 2012,in Pickering,Yorkshire (Heartbeat country!)
it was an excellent rally in Rome,and there was at least 1 (my)British MK1 BX driving around the race track!!(and the volcano around Pompai!) 2 other known UK BX's were there,
2009; August, EUROCIT, LE MANS,
THIS IS A "MUST" GO EVENT! THINK WE CAN ORGANISE A 50 BX CONVOY THERE??
:idea: chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Brilliant news :D First the Olympics and now the ICCCR.. Wonderful!
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Being as far away from London as possible during 2012 sounds like a good idea to me... is Yorkshire far enough?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

We could combine the 2 and have a BX olympics? spheres changes against the clock, instead of the egg and spoon we could have doc with a tankard full of beer running a 100 metres without spilling it........
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

'We could combine the 2 and have a BX olympics? spheres changes against the clock, instead of the egg and spoon we could have doc with a tankard full of beer running a 100 metres without spilling it........'
If you only had to start the race with it full the best way would be to drink it and then run lol :D :D :roll:
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

I got back yesterday from the 2CVGB Nationals which were held near Pickering [Duncombe Park,Helmsley] to be precise.
I can assure you all that its a lovely area,not only is it "Heartbeat" country [the spin off series "The Royal" is also filmed there] .....but the North Yorkshire Moors Railway runs for 22miles from Pickering,through Goathland [aka "Aidensfield"] to the lovely little fishing port of Whitby [where Brahm Stoker got the inspiration for his Dracula books]
The resorts of Scarborough,Bridlington and Robin Hoods Bay are also local,and the historic city of York is only just a few miles away.
For any-one with a young family [or even those who have'nt grown up yet] the "Flamingoland" theme park and zoo is situated just outside Pickering.
And yes,it is [hopefully] far enough away from London. :wink: [about 220 at a rough guess] ....make a date in your diaries.

T.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

when in france last week, i spotted TWO BX "OLYMPICS" editions,bit like the st tropez,
what an ideal display car at the ICCCR !!!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Terry Brooks wrote: For any-one with a young family [or even those who have'nt grown up yet] the "Flamingoland" theme park and zoo is situated just outside Pickering.

T.
I didn't realise that Flamingoland had been turned into a theme park. Went there many years ago when it was just Flamingoland, it was a bit jaded and from what I remember closed & went into receivership a year or two later. :(

So, it went the same way as Chessington Zoo eventually then, integrating a theme park within and boosting visitor numbers and profits.

Helmsley where you were based I seem to remember is the "Gateway to the Moors" and the North York Moors is one of my favourite places. Pity they removed the "Golf Balls" from the Fylingdales though!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

aaahh! North Yorkshire. I lived there for a lot of years as a farm worker. Spent a few years as a shepherd living and working on the North York Moors outside Muker, western side if I remember my geography rightly. Geography didn't play a big part in life when you're clipping lambs tails, cutting out foot rot or castrating sheep! And I had charge of 5000 sheep.

It's a lovely part of the world, although now more or less destroyed by the tourist industry. James Herriot, or Alf Wight, is to blame for that. Nice old boy, met him a few times on the farms but hadn't a clue what was being done in his name. Had a cottage in Swaledale for a while. Bog standard two up and two down, outside khazi and a big garden, 50 feet from the banks of the Swale in Skipton Bridge outside Thirsk. Two years ago it was on the market for half a million!!!

Mercifully I was there before all that set in.

Fylingdales was the place of the golf balls. Remember them well, but now replaced by I think 3 pyramidical loud speakers. Could never decide whether those things were air raid warning devices or receiving stations. Guess someone must know! Like Menwith Hill outside Harrogate, an RAF station occupied by USAF and all Hush Hush. So hush hush the locals will tell you what's currently going down there.

The forrests around Helmsley are excellent too! Used to be an ASM in a scout troop and we took the boys there camping quite often. Taught them to trap rabbits, lay traps for foxes and bring down pheasants in the fields outside the woods - all in the best possible taste - we ate whatever we trapped snared or poached.

Left the Scouts when Headquarters in London decided any troop living over 1000 feet needed one scout leader to every three scouts. Not possible.We had thirty boys and two of us, but we all lived over 1000 feet and the headquarters would budge on 'regulations' so both leaders quit! Troop closed, which was a great shame for the boys.

Can't now remember what this has to do with the beloved 2CV. Never mind. Had a couple 'cause the day has been bad.

Life was a lot simpler as a shepherd. Just didn't like sheep!!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Terry,

please do tell me what fox tastes like.

I have never had the pleasure myself.

cheers,
Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Memorable to say the least!

I topped and tailed the fox, gutted it and shoved a steel spike up one end and out the other. Roasted it over a pine log campfire.

The meat is very dark and strong, long fibered but tasty. That evening we did a couple of rabbits too.

Fox isn't recommended, but as an example of living off the land, which is what we set out to teach the lads, it was good.

PS. The bits I removed from the carcass we gave a fine burial, near the place I'd trapped it.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Terry wrote:Could never decide whether those things were air raid warning devices or receiving stations. Guess someone must know!
They were what are called Radomes. They keep the weather off the Radar scanners inside allowing them to be of cheaper construction than if they were exposed to the elements. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

http://www.icccr2012.org.uk/

If that is going to be the official logo/flyer then it features the inevitable 2CV/Traction/SM but no BX - though we will obviously be there in our thousands ( allowing for Club expansion!) with a huge gazebo ( chez Smiffy) :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I've got a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge eff off Citroen flag, perhaps it could be adapted to show people towards the BX :D

Would also require a maaaaaaaaaaaasive pole to mount the thing, anyone want to have a go at sorting it out???
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

So... pauses.... "Who's got a masssssive pole?"... :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v