red Bx estate2.1 d12 in progressss (Romania)

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

I`m glad u like it ! :P
...well get a d12 and put it in your bx :D
Citroen BX Estate turbo d12
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

in work :D

this week it will ready for the road ... and on 29,30,31 is the national club citroen romania meeting :D then i`m going to the seaside .. like .. 1000 km first road test for the baby :D :twisted:
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

Looking really good! Looking forward seeing some driving videos ;)
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

thanks :) well, tomorrow i think it will be the first test drive :twisted: :twisted: hope i can sleep tonight :oops:
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

i`m in my lunch break so ... it is almost ready i can taste the road :D
i small vid
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

my dear friends... it is done :D i can`t stop .. i mean .. i don`t have words for it it`s ... magic :D so .. i`m out with it :twisted: 100-160 km/h it`s like ... 0-60 :| videos will come ... i think :D i don`t have good tyres.. so i can`t see the limit i think at about 190 .. cuz of the gearbox :( but the acceleration is great :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Wow. look forward to seeing the results! Don't kill yourself - get some decent rubber. And make sure the brakes work! 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

yes i will try :oops: but it is... like nothing i drove ... it keeps pulling .. there`s no end ..(oh yes... the road maybe :D)
now i have 195/55/15 michelin .. but they are kinda dead .. i think it needs some 205/55/15 :x ... now i`m wondering how it will doo with 1.1 bar on turbo :D
the brakes... are kinda ... let`s say that i have some xantia ones in mind :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

Congratulations!

I wont suggest going over 1.2bar boost, it's broken my headgasket twice.

Vid vid vid vid! wanna see how it goes.
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

yes... i know that... i think .. 1 or 1.1 bar :D now it has a bx air filter .. it`s choked .. need to change that as well :roll: until now... everythink is great .. the exhaust needs some work.. it touches a little :D( only after 3500 rpm , it`s like a rev limiter :)) )
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

new rubber ... 205.55.15 :twisted: michelin it`s slower 0-100km/h but .. very good at high speed :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Can you take some good photos of the car? It would be great to see this BX in more detail.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

of course ! i`m cleaning it now .. preparing for the road :D national meeting club citroen romania 8) i will put photos monday when i come back ! :roll:
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Wow :D Excellent :D a 2.1TD BX... The ultimate perhaps after a valver...

My 2.1TD Xantia really flies so that engine in a BX must be something else.. All that stomping torque!

The 2.1TD is my favourite engine by far.

What Injection Pump do you have fitted? UK models all came with the Lucas EPIC fully electronic pump with "fly by wire" throttle. We hear rumours that some were fitted with mechanical Bosch pumps and I wonder if you are lucky enough to have one of those?

Did you use the ML5T gearbox or the existing BE3 gearbox from the old 1.9TD engine?

Looking forward to seeing some good pictures :wink:
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hellou :D i`m back :D after 540 km with no problems at all :D but there are some .. goods and wrongs
it seems like it has not enought diesel .. (after 3500rpm .. it doesn`t pull like it should , and no smoke at my exhaust .. nothing ... clean ) i will fix that tomorrow :D
well the gearbox ... it`s a frankenstein one .... diesel gears (1, 2 ,3 ,4,5) , and GT final ratio ! (original was 16- 65 , and now it`s 16- 59) , didn`t had anything else to work with ! , the 1st , 2nd and 3rd are perfect ... a bit longer than the xm , but the 4th and 5th are to short
for ex. in 3rd the max speed is 105 km/h ,in 4th the max speed is 130 km/h :( and the fifth the max speed is 180 ... well the bad part is that for now .. i have a very low top speed ... but the good part is that ... it accelerates very fast to the top speed .. nothing stands in front of me :D(i`m looking now for a be3 gearbox.. top put in this one the 4th and the 5th )
the pomp is mechanical i think :o
i made a movie with my car accelerating .. but they are bad... my father could hold his phone straight (i think we all know why :twisted: )
i will put tomorrow photos and the movies...

in my opinion the 12 valve on the bx is the greatest thing ever ... :idea: it`s more relaxing driving it normally ,than the 16 valver ... but wild when u put "the pedal to the metal :lol: )
i`m pretty sure when i boost the turbo and all .. it will be very close !!!