STRATFORD MEETING

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Roverman wrote:...and the spares were poor, mind you I picked up a replacment interior mirror for the GT.
Yes, the autojumble was a bit thin but what was there was good. I picked up a full seven volume set of "proper" Xantia Manuals :D Four of the seven volumes are wiring diagrams - scary! Makes the BoL look a bit silly.

Your car was looking very minty Tim! Never knew beige could look so good :lol:

Mat! Photoshopping my Activa out of the picture... :twisted: :lol:
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Jim, I was pleased to win the trophy for best in class from 1980-2000 with the GT, I best rejoin the CCC now as I have to teturn it next year :shock:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Yep, good to see you all even though I had to dash off early on the Sunday. My tent is still hanging up, not quite dry... Sorry to those of you who had problems getting there, it was a bit of an unlucky weekend by all accounts!

I was mainly using the film camera, so will post my pics when the film comes back.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Good to see everyone, although kind of underwhelmed by the lack of numbers caused by the bad weather. And where the HELL was the Pizza Van?? :x Gutted! Especially as someone forgot all the pies ;) We ended up leaving around 1:15 because.... there was just nothing left to do and the weather was starting to close in. Shame because Saturday afternoon was one of the hottest days for a while, but very quiet!

Spares were thin on the ground, but I managed to pilfer a can of Hydraurincage :P and I found a most important part for my GSA that I was only half-hoping to find: I spotted a tailgate strut on Darrin's stall, which he let me have for free because he didn't know what it was for. Turns out I'd guessed correctly that it was one of those strong 550N(ewton) ones off a Visa, which is the same dimension as the ones for the GS/A Break.... so I fitted it in place of one of the tired struts and, bearing in mind that previously my tailgate wouldn't stay open in cold weather because the struts were weak, it was a godsend for when we were unloading the car back at home! :D

Massive Subaru convoy on the M40 was something to behold! Apparently they were all out to mark the death of Colin McRae.

Cheers,

Mark.
Toddman
BXpert

meet

Post by Toddman »

Was I wearing the wromg coloured carnation or something ? :D
Seems there were quite a few bxclub members attending but I only got to meet Mulley, Tim I already know but everyone else managed to avoid me, not hard admittedly but usually I manage to meet people from the forum quite easily.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Especially as someone forgot all the pies
Guilty as charged, yer honour!! :oops:
Me and the wife had 4 of 'em last night....yummy!!
but I managed to pilfer a can of Hydraurincage
Yeah, you lucky bugger!!! I went back to the stalls and found the guy that sold it to you. He said he had only brought 2 cans down, as he thought there wouldn't be any demand. He sold 'em both, and had requests for a further 5!!!! Must be a few more Cits running round with filthy hydrolix out there! :wink:
Anywayz...I picked one up from my local GSF this morning, so now sorted!

I saw the Subaru convoy a few days ago, as it passed through Lancashire on the M6.....what an impressive sight. Colin would have been proud!

I saw hundreds of varied VW's heading back North on Sunday afternoon, mainly Golfs etc,. Turns out there had been a big VAG "Meet" over the weekend at Northampton.......my stepdaughter had been there!!!!

Glad to see you got that tailgate stut sorted on the GSA, Mark! She sure is a nice looking motor....always brings back memories of my old GS Club estate that I racked up 130k miles in 5 years, early 80s! (taxi driving adds it on pretty quickly!)

I was pretty chuffed to pick up that complete rear arm with new bearings for £15, also the repair kit for the O/S rear arm for the same price! £30 for sorting BOTH rear arms.....BARGAIN!! :D

Cheers,
Dave
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

@ Toddman,
I did see your gleaming valver is the Concours display, but sorry to say I didn't relate it to you!! :oops:
I think at the time I passed by, you must have been in the group of people standing nattering at the back of the car.

Best thing to do at these meets, is to talk a look around the campsite area. The BX "gang" tend to congregate there, usually around a BBQ and Gazebo!!!!!! :wink:

I know what you mean about the carnation thing!! It's all too easy to walk straight past someone that you know well from these boards, but have never met before "in the flesh". Wearing a striking "BX Club 25th Anniversary 2007" t-shirt generally helps!! :wink:

See you next year, probably!

Dave H.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

I did see you briefly Mark, as you got in your valver and drove off. A real top job you've done on it :D

Whose was the other white valver parked next to yours Mark?
Jim

CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

mountainmanUK wrote: Best thing to do at these meets, is to talk a look around the campsite area. The BX "gang" tend to congregate there, usually around a BBQ and Gazebo!!!!!! :wink:
That's my default method of finding you all Dave!!!

Else if that fails, listen for the Doc holding court :lol: :lol:
Jim

Toddman
BXpert

meet

Post by Toddman »

Thanks for the haeds up Dave and after reading a bit more I see me missing you all is my bad :oops:

Jim the two white valvers at the end of the tarmac was I suspect someone you know and mine - trouble is because I have been around for a while and have rather unique circumstances I think all the bx enthusiasts can connect that car with me - I lost a lot of sight a few years back but refuse to give up my interest in cars especially my valver, I was the short chap with the white cane and my good brother is my driver :)

I look after bx16valve.com but do appreciate all cars and have owned several bx models and grew up driving my parents GS and GSAs.

I really should post a bit more on here and I will put up a few pics and details in the gallery at some point.

Anyway sorry to have missed you all but will defo try and meet up again.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I was there! can't believe I missed you Mountainman! really didn't see you - sorry about that.

Was hoping for a bigger event after a 6 hour drive but still had a happy old chat with some folks and took Chris Salter's 'new' 19GT for a spin too.

Was nice to have a chat with Roger - hope I wasn't too preoccupied with trying to get the CX rear lights to work again! - still at least you got a laugh with the reverse light on the other side started flashing instead of the RH indicator!! all fixed shortly after..

Route home was a nightmare - folks at the rally warned of traffic on the M40 so I was 'smart' and took the A roads through Henley-In-Arden to join further up. Didn't matter though It was slow moving and I sat for 40 mins at walking pace until the junction of the M42/M6 where I thought it would be better to leave the motorway and miss out the traffic to rejoin it later - big mistake! I don't know any of the routes around Birmingham and got lost in and around Sutton Coldfield in the heaviest rain I've ever driven in (started on the motorway and made for blind driving) I still couldn't see where I was in Sutton C, and a series of badly signed roundabouts saw me lose my temper all on my ownsome - was also running low on fuel, had steamed up windows and was sweating like a bitch. Couldn't open the windows due to the heavy rain so tried heat only to make the interior like a furnace - not pleasant start to my drive north. I must say I'd forgotten how bad the traffic around that area was and the M6 remained thick with traffic tho moving well right up until North of Lancaster. The road to hell.

Saw loads of Imprezas an the M6 heading back right into the night - even raced a few in the 31 year old CX! - actually gained positions at some point (!) until the CX finally ran out of puff. I think something is also busted on the engine now though, there's a constant squeaking from around the drivebelts and no amount of WD40 would stop it so I suspect a camshaft bearing - just changed the oil so that'll teach me to fill up with cheap Lidl engine oil and then take the old lump to its limits...

Finally, something went wrong with the LPG gas filler nozzle so that I couldn't fill up. Last big fill up was at Stafford services and it lasted all the way home (red light from Cumbria too) so it is giving more than 260 miles to a tank.

Anyway, was good to meet folks and see the cars
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

citrojim wrote:Mat! Photoshopping my Activa out of the picture... :twisted: :lol:
Sorry! Not the best job at Photoshopping, looks like it has been buried under a mound of green grass...next time if you would be so good as to park in front of a nice plain background - that will make it easier! :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

This is what I won on Sunday, oh and a bottle of plonk which lasted all off a day.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Roverman wrote:a bottle of plonk which lasted all off a day.
You must have been really pacing yourself Tim, I can't make one last more than an hour. :(

Well done with the prize, better than Huntingdon? You'll have to stay at home for one of these meets, give the rest of us a chance! :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Its no big secret lol, just a few hours here and there cleaning and detailing. But its not everyones bag so fair enough.