Doc?

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Doc?

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I understand Doc's not well. Am I correct?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Apparantly so :(

I fancy someone said it was his back...

Get well soon Doc...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I hear hes hurt his back, possibly doing unspeakable things with that bus?

Anyway get well soon Doc if your reading this.
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

For those of you who don't know, The man you all know as the doc, and I both work for the same company.
Yes. he's done himself a mischief, but it's not serious. Hopefully he'll take things a little easier.....but I doubt it!

john s
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'm still alive fella's.

Ironically every other bus around mine is trying to kill me, but thus far 132 has not harmed me at all (apart from in the wallet department!).

In short, I chopped the end of my ring finger off removing a panel from a Volvo B10M coach, then attempted to move a Leyland Titan double deck bus using a long tube under the back tyres.

The bus was stronger than my back!
I've torn all the muscles up the right hand side of my spine, buggered my right shoulder (which has been well weak and naff for the last three years anyway) and entirely destroyed my left hip.
Infact to look at it I do appear to have a child bearing hip!

It's rather painful to sit at the computer right now, so I haven't for a while, but I had things I had to do online hence I've stopped by!

I'll be back posting utter horseshit aplenty just as soon as I'm able to sit comfortably again!
Thanks for the concern though!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
roy.hassell
BXpert

Post by roy.hassell »

GET WELL SOON doc.

All the best,

Roy.
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

It's a huge relief to know you're still with us Doc. had us all a bit worried you know...

Glad to see the finger injury will not get in the way of contributions to this august forum. Marriage might be a problem if a ring won't go on it though :lol: Your contributions are badly missed... yes, honest!

Take it easy, don't try to do anything until it's all fixed up and good and then, for chrisssakes, take a bit more care old son..

And next time, take Clarkson's advice and wear a hi-viz jacket. You know they prevent all injuries and accidents...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Sorry to hear of your situation but i can sympathise with you as i broke my back 14 years ago and it's not been 100% since.
and now for my sin's i have osteo arthritis in it.
but apart from that we all miss your sense of humour and advice.

GET WELL SOON. drunk

Regards Kermit :) :)
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

You'll find missing a digit a blessing....Nat's cousin helped change a pipe I never knew could be changed in situ on a valver! He put it down to having half a finger missing :lol: And being a lorry/bus mechanic for a living too....he laughed when I said a BX was difficult. :shock:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Doc, that all sounds very serious, and bloody painful. Had a major back injury some years ago so...

Best advice I could offer is drink some....then some more....and....

Won't help the back, but sure keeps the pain down.

Take very care of you from here on in Chris. There's us out here who already miss you.

As the actress said to the bishop...lay still!!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Fucking hell, well, thanks chaps, but it's only a few little hiccups in the otherwise busy schedule.
I'll be right in a few days or so.

I've got some tyres to remove from the bus rims soon, so I'll lay up till then!

Have no intentions of placing bands of gold on teh finger of doom anyway. Whilst the "glueing it back on with superglue" approach may not be medically proficient it seems to have done the job! Well, it aint turned black and dropped off yet so I guess it's all good!

I'm finding about 10 minutes sat at the desk is plenty right now, after that things get rather uncomfortable so I'll be about a bit on here, and more as things improve.
I may even have an update on the bus at some stage soon!

Thanks all, you're too kind!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Chris, screw the bus for a while!

You come first, and for a very good reason which has nothing to do with BX's, busses or the forum. If you don't take care of that lot now, it will be a curse to you in a very few years.

I know about this. Over my years as a farm worker, got injured, went back to work - had animals to tend etc - and now I still have back trouble and walk like a very pregnant camel on a bad day. A cow smashed my left hand against an RSJ twenty years ago in Ireland. I just thought, shit it hurts and bound it up with a piece of hessian sack. The bugger was broken in eleven places. Now my left hand is near useless.

Chris, get yourself right before thinking about anything else. Remember, YOU come first in these matters.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Doc your back is very precious to you. I buggered mine up trying to move an engineless Triumph 1300 wheelbarrow style when I was in my 20's. I reckon I slipped a disc but didn't get treatment. The pain was something else (as you probably already know by now!!) It has been trouble ever since, sometimes putting me in bed for days at a time and I'm 59 next week. It never goes away and over the years you just learn to live with the pain.

I have the skill to repair my cars but not the strength and that is very frustrating because apart from mundane easy to get to jobs I have to pay to get stuff done. I was simply hoovering the boot in the XM last week and tweaked it again. More pain that took a week of tablet taking to get rid. I speak from bitter and painful experience. Take it easy mate, slow down a bit.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

I'll agree with that.

Take the best advice available Doc, take it easy. Bloody well do what you're told for once, will you!!!

OK so that's a bit harsh, but listen to demag and the others. They know what they're talking about, better than any doctor.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Take it easy buddy give your body a chance to heal :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle