full leather interior Citroën bx 19 TZS LHD

Anything about BXs
Jaro
Confirmed BX'er

full leather interior Citroën bx 19 TZS LHD

Post by Jaro »

Just a note about a 1999 Auto Citroën bx 19 TZS for sale with a full leather interior, and 114315 kms located near Le Mans at currently 240 euros on Ebay.fr ref number 260282406515 -maybe someone might be interested?
Jaro
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jaro »

I think I just "bid" on this thing -I shouldn't drink during the week not if I'm going on Ebay.........
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

1999? :shock:

Anyway, all I can get from eBay.fr is:
Cher membre,

Malheureusement, l'accès à cet objet a été bloqué en raison de restrictions légales en vigueur dans certains pays. Conformément à ces restrictions, nous nous efforçons de bloquer l'affichage des objets concernés. Nous regrettons de vous informer que pour des raisons techniques, certaines annonces ne rentrant pas dans le cadre de ces restrictions peuvent ne pas être accessibles aux utilisateurs. Nous vous prions d'accepter nos excuses pour tout désagrément et nous espérons que vous trouverez d'autres objets intéressants sur eBay.

Merci.
:?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Yea cher membre. They introduced this rule about 10 days ago. The government apparently now says you can search but cannot browse or bid on cars on ebay France from abroad.

I have a French ebay account but I cannot even use this from the UK. Its all done on the IP address your ISP gives you. The country of origin of all IP addresses is known and can be looked up easily.

I am trying to find a french proxy server to use at the moment to out manouver the gouvernement.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's a bummer if you're in another EU country looking for a nice Visa or BX Sport! What, I wonder, was the rationale behind that piece of legislation?
M

Post by M »

Unfortunately, access to this object was blocked because of legal restrictions into force in certain countries. In accordance with these restrictions, we endeavour to block the posting of the objects concerned.

We regret informing you that for technical reasons, some advertisements not returning within the framework of these restrictions can not be accessible to the users.

We request from you; to accept our excuses for any nuisance and we hope that you will find other interesting objects on eBay

Or French for "Bugger Ye Off Phil".

Madness though - what happened to the EU and free trade borders?
Jaro
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jaro »

Well while I don't know why this new system is in place it is very easy to get round -
what you do is access Ebay.fr via Internet Explorer and before you do so you change the language settings in IE to FRE from ENG and then you can still view items for sale there. I had the same problem and I live here.
Jaro
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jaro »

But if you still can't get on and someone really wants a leather interior for their car then I don't mind bidding for them, particularly as I'm already the highest bidder after a wine induced mix up last night!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote:That's a bummer if you're in another EU country looking for a nice Visa or BX Sport! What, I wonder, was the rationale behind that piece of legislation?
That means that France is flouting EU Law surely?

How come in the UK we enforce every cross of the t and dot of the i for Europe and yet France again breaks the very basis of what the EEC was set up to do in the first place? :? :evil:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
M

Post by M »

Way2go wrote:How come in the UK we enforce every cross of the t and dot of the i for Europe and yet France again breaks the very basis of what the EEC was set up to do in the first place? :? :evil:
Because we are stupid and they [the French] dont suffer fools like the EU and Bussels. Hazving studied economics in the 90's Im STILL of the opinon that being in the EU is not a good thing for Britain.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Well, the car looks nice, and I don't seem to be having any problems looking at it. Perhaps its because I'm using Firefox?
Jaro
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jaro »

Hang on a minute, firstly I doubt if E bay.fr are even aware that this little problem has occurred its more likely that one of the systems has thrown up a miss match with maybe the sellers requirements for only selling to the local customers and the default message from ebay is about a legal problem.
Secondly I doubt very much if the French government are involved, cross border trading is still apart of the notional scheme in the EU.
Thirdly if there is a legal "problem" might it have something to do with the large number of French cars being bought in northern France by some of us brits and then used in London to avoid the congestion charge , speed cameras, and other sundry motoring offences ?

Or we don't know yet....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm able to view it now (looks OK).... points to it being a glitch.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Bien fait Jaro. I can now view these cars on ebay.fr by setting, in Internet options < languages, the French language ahead of English.
Still doesn't work in Opera but once the language setting is tweaked it is viewable in Firefox.

So it seems to be an ebay problem. I first noticed it shortly after ebay got a big fine from the French gouvernement for allowing the sale of counterfeit french parfums on ebay following some new legislation as far as I recall. So I assumed -wrongly- it was down to Tsarkozy's government protecting French interests.

Anyway tout va bien qui finit bien as someone wrote 400 years ago.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaro
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jaro »

Anyway gentlemen is this car worth buying in your collective opinion, only I'm still in as highest bidder......
And before you say anything about if I need it well obviously not but is it worth buying.....