Midlands Meet 2006

Anything about BXs
tim leech

Midlands Meet 2006

Post by tim leech »

If anyones interested in meeting up after the festive season for a chin wag and a few drink and/or maybe a bite to eat somewhere in the midlands are then let me know.

I have noticed theres a few club members in and around this area so would be nice to all get together, obviously everyone would be more than welcome to come along, maybe find a nice venue not far from the M1 as its easy to get too from all areas, sunday would be be the best day for me but I can get a satuday off if needed.

Merry christmas to all bx nutters everywhere!!!!!!!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I will definitely be up for this, as after this weekend I will have a fully-working BX on the road, and, fingers-crossed it will remain so into the New Year :)

Gaydon motor museum anyone? Warwick? I'm sure there are some very nice pubs in that neck of the woods, plus there's Warwick Castle.

Or there's Dunchurch, a historical village near Rugby, where the gunpowder plotters stayed (The Red Lion - now a private residence known as Guy Fawkes House)... or Coombe Abbey. Not been to either before, but looks nice! Just a couple of thoughts :)

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Gaydon is a good place as its fairly accessable and they do have a nice big car park area, thing is if you do go into the museum it can be expensive, especially if you have family! Ive been round it a few times and it hasnt changed much, if your a fan of british classics, mainly BMC you would be in your element.!

Warwick castle is always busy as is the car park, normally full of kids and busloads of pensioners so maybe not, depends on how many people want to attend as to what size of venue, last time we only had 4 cars so anywhere would do!.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I seem to recall going to Warwick castle many years ago. I wouldn`t mind meeting up there. My biggest trouble is weekends are a problem due to other commitments though if I can get a date well in advance it should be o.k.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Will do cavmad, depends on how long the winter lasts, maybe early feb as we would all have been paid again so can hopefully afford it! Nothing worse than sat in a field when its cold and raining! Trust me ive done it enough times, normally after i have spent all day valeting it grass allover the floor crap under the wheelarches! :shock:

If anyone interested can let me know so i can work what size of place we would need, gaydon sounds a good proposition, I could maybe negotiate a discount of theres enough of wanting to tour the museum? its £8 at present but entrance to thegrounds is free.

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'm up for this.

When?
Over and out from me
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Went to Gaydon recently so sadly wouldn't be up for another trip although if you went there, I'd probably drop in as its only up the road.

They have a 4x4 course just for Fearny! Unfortunately, I don't think they use BX 4x4s...

Ian
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

And I think he would be too worried about it breaking again! And it getting mucky.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

february probably Ian, after all the festivities are over and we have money again!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Fine, i'll be there.
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'll do Gaydon but not until late Feb - so really it depends on the date decided by consensus. It'd be good to meet up.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Late febs ok with me, aslong as its after payday!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If a bit nearer the time we can have a show of hands and any ideas what to include, show and shine? dog of the day maybe? Picnic (maybe a bit cold) Then I will get it orgainsed and speak to the Heritage Museum and try and negotiate a package with them
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

once i have the PAS fixed i'm all ears! however, february is often busy for me and the weekend of the 24th of February i'm deffinately away the whole weekend! It would be great to finally make a meet in a BX :D
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Tim,
Why not wait until lighter times (BSTbegins March 28). Some of us have quite a long way to drive and it would be nice not to have to drive there and back (for me - over mountains) in the dark.
Learning a little from Coventry, a pub with reasonable food would be good, I think.
Gareth