EBay tat

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

EBay tat

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Has anyone else noticed that Ebay is currently full of even more automotive tat than usual, neon valve caps, brass aerials, dodgy gear knobs, will any forum member actually own up to bidding on any of this :?:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

5p listing day had something to do with it I think, but you're right it is tat.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I do, on my darker days, want to e-mail whoever puts 6,257 `BX` valve caps and aerials in one go and tell them to copulate away.
Talking of tat though look out for some Cheshire based BX bargains coming up for sale on eBay shortly :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

I have in the past bought some Citroen valve caps - which I think the little turd next door pinched one night - so I now have some anti thieving turd caps that just spin round & round & round if you try to unscrew them.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Like the sound of those, I have the ever popular black screw on ones which u get free with each new tyre! Bargain
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

I do find it annoying when you search for bx and end up with 20+ pages thinking great loads of bits and find thwat 18 pages are light bulbs, dog gaurds, roof bars and performance look seat covers!
i have to say though, i have a set of 4 interior neons (set so that when you open the doors they activate and light up the floor mats so you can see where your putting your feet!!) but i didnt buy them from ebay! i got them from ebuyer as they are computer ones and i bought 6 posted for less than the chavs want for 2!!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hmm maybe more at home in a corsa or a saxo me thinks!
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

haha! yeah! but considering that they are not visable until the door are opened they dont look bad! at the end of the day the main interior lights int he bx (both up the top ofthe door pillars) are okay but not particularly good at illuminating the floor in the dark, and its the floor that you should be able to see when getting in to make sure your not standing on something you shouldnt! :shock: :oops:
I agree that it is more of a 'chav' mod than normal, (although you cant see any wires and they are subtle so that outs the chav issues!!) but if you should ever be in the area i will willingly show you the benefits of such a 'mod'!! :D
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Whatever next, you'll be buying a Xantia before we know it. they have them fitted already.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I had a 1994 M xantia 2.0i VSX 8v once, nice looking car and the hydractive suspension was pretty cool but rather thirsty, the heater matrix was bollocksed so sold it on ebay for £150 :shock: , Was a ex citroen uk car, and the interior was linke new, if it had been a diesel I may have kept it!. but at £500 for a new matrix maybe not. I bunged in some radweld and got rid! still prefer my bx tho! Much better driving position but abit more cramped, shame the BX wasnt aswell built as the Xantia tho.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Going off topic here Tim, I'll start a new one on this.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

to avoid ebay tat, try modifying your search;

instead of;
citroen bx

try;
citroen bx -(aerial, cap, ring, saxo)

instantly you'll slice your 'tat' from your searches! Awesome!