PLATES!

Anything about BXs
st gilles

plates

Post by st gilles »

If you like I could sound out my local man when I'm over next.......which sadly won't be 'til the end of Jan. He made me the black n silver one for my Harley. If he agrees, I'll get back to you.......and anyone else who wants them for that matter. Cost + postage to you. Let me know.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi St Gilles ....if y' dont mind me asking .....What is the law concerning NI plates being black&silver? ....As far as I'm aware the law concerning English plates is that they are legal in B&S up tp 1973,anything after date that is illegal.
I would like a pair for my both my car and bike [TBZ ****] but whilst I admit that I hold no respect whatso-ever for the law,In these days of digital speed cameras and camera based traffic management systems [and suchlike] it is all too easy to "criminalise" the innocent motorist ....and in my view there's no point in making "their" job easier by virtually asking to "be done" by driving 'round with illegal plates.
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Toddman
BXpert

plates

Post by Toddman »

I am sure you all know about A16 VBX
And years sgo in Lincoln there used to be a BX estate with HOT 13X on it but sadly the plate seemed to stay in Lincoln but I last saw it on a Volvo!

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
st gilles

plates

Post by st gilles »

Terry, I am trying to find out for definite re the B+S plates from NI. I know that I didn't have a problem with the Harley (never got pulled) but that was a few years ago now........sadly, sold for a new roof on the french house and an NTV 650 Deauville. As soon as I have anything I'll let you know, although IMHO most police out there now wouldn't know the law either........but as you say you don't want to give them any excuses.