red Bx estate2.1 d12 in progressss (Romania)

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

this is for turbo presure ...(for test only to see the presure )

Citroen BX Estate turbo d12
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

i must say ... after we fixed the low fuel flow ... it`s ... much better ... it pulls much better .. and i tought .. that wen it was poor on diesel .. was good :D
after we finished it today ... i tried to sprint ... in 1st gear ... wheel speen from 0 to 50 km/h :| i think it spins them in second as well ....(205/55/15 :o ) i have a small vid from 15 km/h to 100 1st 2nd and 3rd , but my father filmed only the rpms :lol: (this was when it was poor on diesel !!!! )
(changed gears at 3500 rpm or so... :roll: poor quality :oops: )
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

Ah Ha :D That's interesting. It has a Bosch VP20 pump on it, very similar to the pump fitted to a 1.9TD. A question is answered very nicely.

We here in the UK have been questioning if a 1.9TD pump will work on a 2.1 and you have given the answer :D Thank you! If our Lucas EPIC pumps ever break thay cost a fortune to fix :(

The 2.1 has massive low and mid-range torque so will be able to pull very high gear ratios. On my 2.1TD Xantia, 130km/h (roughly) comes in at around 2500rpm.

The polished alloy inlet manifold looks beautiful. Much nicer than the plastic ones on the later 2.1 engines :D
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

well ... citrojim .. the engine is from a UK model XM !!!! right wheel drive !!! with auto-gearbox ... and all the pumps i`ve sow at the xm`s i drove were like mine so ... :roll:
well at 2500 rpm .. i have 115 km/h ... it`s short i know ! :cry:
yes.. the torque is incredible !!! like a friend of mine who ownes a xm 2.1 d12 and drove the bx "this car is a brute force " ,
and a question ... i know tat the 1.7 turbo revs at 5200 rpm !!! what about the the 2.1 d12 ??? mine stops at 4200 rpm now max max maxxxxxx ... is it normal ? i was expecting 4500-4700 rpm ... but :?:
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

The 2.1 is not a revver like the 1700. Its character is totally the opposite. Whereas the 1700 is a revvy little number that feels more like a petrol engine, the 2.1 is more of an old fashioned diesel slogger which does all of its work at low revs. By 3000 rpm it's almost all done and 4000 rpm is just about its limit really.

A lot of people who have grown to love the character of the smaller XU Diesels hate the 2.1 because it is so different in feel.

Despite having the power characteristics of an old-fashioned diesel, it is very smooth, quiet and refined once it is above idle.
Jim

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

thanks ... i knew that the 2.1 d12 does not rev as much as the 1.7 but.... i didn`t expect the big difference ... well ,dispite my young age ... and "need for speed" i found it verry relaxing on the road , as u said... very smooth , and very evil when i need it to be like that :twisted:i will, tune this ... but in a few years .. when i finish school .. and maybe make more money ... i will try to make a bx v6 .. i think it will be very very special :wink:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You, my friend, are a serious BX nut and should be applauded as such =D> ^^bx>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Hmm... BX with a Subaru boxer engine? :twisted:

Mark.
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

why not a v8 in the back .... :wink:
the subaru boxer engine... will fit in a gs/gsa much better i think :twisted: :idea:
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hellou again :)
the BX`M :twisted: works very good ... no problems at all (my question remains ... why didn`t they put the 2.1 in the bx , like stock engine :?: )
today i finished the back section (my wheels were like this / --- \ , and it wasn`t a bearing problem :roll: i don`t know how to explain in english .. but the problem is solved) , i`m done for now because in october i`m going to college
but until i go .. i will change the interior , a black one :twisted:
in the future : new clutch , new gearbox (longer 4th and 5th) , larger breaks (from xantia) and so on ...

p.s. a vw passat (the new one) with a 2.0 tfsi 147 kw :roll: barely outrun me on the road ,from 100 to 180 km/h (i had rubbish tyres on the back and i was afraid to go faster :oops: )(and he was at full throttle , it was smokyyy at the back :twisted: )... anyway the top speed i think it`s 190...195 km/h , real speed of course ,the speedo i think it shows less now :|
i`m very happy with my BX`M :twisted: ! cheers :D
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

the back fenders are now wider with 1.5 cm :D before it was hard to put the wheels , it had like 0.001 mm :))) clear space
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

It looks good with the Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi wheels on it :D I have the same wheels on my 1.9TD Xantia. They seem to look good on Citroens :lol:

I think they did not make a 2.1TD BX for the same reason as they never made a 1.9TD Peugeot 205. They have too much performance for the average driver...
Jim

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

:cry: unfortunately i`m not the owner of the wheels :roll: i have a pair of steel rims :wink: from a xantia 15" et 15 6j but they aren`t fully reconditioned :roll: i`m looking for some alloys for my bx and at how it drives .. i think i will go for 16" :twisted:
i`m curious how the peugeot alloys look on xantia could u put a picture please :)
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

With pleasure 8)

Warning X***** pictures to follow :lol:

This shows my three all together :D

The blue one wearing the Pug 205 1.9 GTi alloys is a very, very early Xantia.

My 2.1 Estate has Activa Alloys. They'd look good on your BX! They again are 15" wheels and are usually fitted with 205 section tyres.
Jim

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

they look nicer on xantia :wink: yes the activa alloys looks very nice they are 6.5j? because i have 6j on the pug alloys and they don`t look right(and yes "Nothing Drives You Like an Activa" we had at our garage an activa turbo :D and ... amaising in everything .. unfortunately the owner was a beginer .. he first butched the tyres ... and then crashed :cry: now he is selling it with 2500 euro :roll: to bad i don`t have the money ... i sure do like activa system on my bx :twisted: )
about the alloys i put a pair of xsara picasso and they looked good .. when i found the photo i will post it :!: for now i think the steel ones are better , the et 15 will provide better stability i think :idea: