The End of Everything

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
M

Post by M »

Just begs the Q Chris - given the love affair with the Lance, but the uber un love affair with the company - whats it going to sport as its paint job?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

M wrote:Just begs the Q Chris - given the love affair with the Lance, but the uber un love affair with the company - whats it going to sport as its paint job?
Your answer lies earlier in the thread M. :wink:
docchevron1472 wrote:ok, this is an appaling piccy, mainly since I dont have scanner so this is a photo thats been taken of a photo in bad light!
But this is 132 in Badgerline livery in 1999 when she was 6!
By this time Badgerline was actually First Bus so the large Badgers are no longer present on the sides and the now infamous "F in circle" has appeared after the Badgerline name, but the livery is correct.
It will look like this minus the F in circle and with large Badgers on the side (er decals, not like actual Badgers!)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I now have some better pictures of the colour scheme of choice, alas not of 132 itself, I cant find any, but of it's close relatives, 128, 129 and 134.
This is how they looked when brand new, and this is how I want 132 to look, or as close as I can possibly get it.
The only deviation from total originality will be the fleet plate numbering.
The stickers seen in these pictures were replaced within a week with proper pressed alloy garage and fleet plates, and thats what it shall have.
Infact I have some of the original plates from 132 already!

All these pics (C)Steve White..

134, now scrapped. The chassis failed and it broke in half.

129, still alive, but used as a training bus, due for withdrawl and scrap in three months.

128, still in service (I drove it last week infact!), but massive chassis corrosion and a very tired transmission.
Still has a beefy engine, I blew this one up a few years ago. It's begining to sag badly around the rear wheelarches so will no doubt break in half soon, due for scrap within 12 months.

They looked bloody good new though I reckon, with the badgers and fucking good spray job!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
M

Post by M »

Way2go wrote:
M wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:....and with large Badgers on the side (er decals, not like actual Badgers!)
I dunno, actual large badgers nailed to the side of the buz...... I wouldnt put it past you :wink: :lol:

Looks nice.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Doc's bus, when finished.

Phear my fairly poor photoshopz skillzorz
this might be a signature
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

DavidRutherford wrote:Doc's bus, when finished.

:lol: Except the number shouldn't be OXO but 6X to reflect a drink of choice! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
M

Post by M »

Oxo - the poor mans Bovril :lol:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Way2go wrote:Except the number shouldn't be OXO
There's a good reason for that...
this might be a signature
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

DavidRutherford wrote:
Way2go wrote:Except the number shouldn't be OXO
There's a good reason for that...
How about letting us in on it? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote:Doc's bus, when finished.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: X eleventy billion!
Thats the bloody bollocks mate!
And you just know I'm going to stick SOD OFF on the blind!

Your skills with the shop of the photo's is ace young man!

There's no secret with the OXO thing W2G, although I guess there is on here!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

docchevron1472 wrote: There's no secret with the OXO thing W2G, although I guess there is on here!
It's to do with it being cubed? :?:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

It's been very strange driving around Bristol for this last month and seeing all these buses in the flesh! I swear, 124 was stalking me - I saw that thing every time I left the house.
SamWise
BXpert

Re: Justice, The British Way...

Post by SamWise »

docchevron1472 wrote:
Is it just me that thinks this guy should be fucking locked up?
If he was driving a car he'd be in jail oui?

So, he rides a bike on a pavement, knocks down and kills a girl and gets a fine.
But it's somehow ok because he yelled out to get out of the way first?

This whole country is just so wrong.
I just read this, and it made me fucking angry. As a cyclist, I hate the idiots that ride on the pavement, run red lights etc, and I doubly hate those who have such a complex about pedestrians needing to get out of their way - I don't understand why they don't live and let live. As far as drivers being locked up though - uh uh. If you frequent bike forums, you hear a LOT of stories of cyclists being killed by drivers, sometimes in deliberate side-swiping incidents, and the drivers similarly getting a slap on the wrist. There is no defence for this guy, but it aint limited to cyclists. Sorry to ressurect a zombie post!
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

Wow - and having read the rest of the thread, I'm astonished at the state of that bus! Mine looks fundamentally sound by comparison. Mind you, mine is a steel girder chassis, with an aluminium body on a wood frame, so it's less give to corrosion.....
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

You've no idea how tempted I am to murder cyclists on a daily basis mate.
Dont take it personally though, given free reign I'd murder about 80% of the population, regardless of whether they ride a pushbike or not! Although in marginal "should I kill them or let them live" cases the bike could swing it!

I'd murdermost car drivers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, horse riders, people that breathe too, so meh..

I'm not picking on any one type of individual really, I just hate everybody.

People are scum on the whole.

The bus is geting less rusty, infact in places it's actually starting to look quite dang sexy and all shiny black and stuff.
I'll update this a bit at some stage when it all starts coming together at the back end.
There's only so many pictures one can take of "here's some rust. Here's some rust being cut out, here's some shiny new tin, here's the new tin welded in and painted" without it becoming painful to look at.
I should have some floor and stuff back in soon so it'll start looking like a bus again.

It really is appaling in condition, but it's also hellfire, about to be unique and it's the only thing thats really given me any will to haul my arse out of bed for in a mighty long time now. I love that thing more and more every week.