BXAGON CHALLENGE

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Another point to raise.
Speed cameras. they are always advertised by a black and white sign just before the camera.
The location of all cameras is in the public domain and can be viewed and downloaded here (in French) : http://lmdw.net/carteradarsautomatiques.html
complete with the GPS coordinates. They are easy to spot. They flash if you are even 1 kmph over the limit but there is a 5% tolerance for issue of fines.
It is projected that by next year the DVLC will provide any EU government on request the address of any car owner that is flashed while in another country. Our points wil be safe though.

Safe motoring :wink:
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Have finally digested & understood most of BXagon, indecently late (as always).

Saw a bit while in a rather busy state over the last month, but was distracted by delivery of daughter #2's chattels to Paris, the BX electrical traumas that preceded it, the break in the Mayenne afterwards & return trip (my personal 1000-mile BXangle?), and the need to get myself back into serious employment - picked a great time for that, haven't I?

Could you forward an email/PM with details please, Philip?

A couple of points/random thoughts.

1. Does the itinerary, when approaching Rennes, go anywhere near the PSA plant opposite the airport there where most BXs where produced?

2. On a similar sort of theme, Cerizay SE of Nantes appears to be the French factory site of Heuliez, who constructed the BX estate. Don't know if this was the place they came from - can someone enlighten me? Another candidate for massed BX drive-past?

3. As someone pointed out earlier, French mobiles are a minefield in terms of terms and tariffs, as I discovered when researching it with my daughter last month. I'll let you know what she discovered in the end.

4. The French magazine "Gazoline" could be a very useful contact. Their strapline is something along the lines of "The Every day life of older cars" and they are strongly biased towards cars - vintage to more recent "classics" - being driven & appreciated: not invested in, as well as real hands-dirty articles. Most issues feature articles on cars of the kind described above being driven on arduous trips, whether that be H-van to Patagonia or a classic Paris-Dakar, to give two examples.

5. Sorry, Doc. Places to drink insensibly in public in France are few and far between, by comparison with the UK, due to cultural differences... though of course cirrhosis of the liver is more prevalent.

More to follow....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thoughts for the plaque. Two subtle variations:

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

AWESOME

like thr bottom one best
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Seconded. I prefer the second one too. I think they should be slightly wider though.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Maybe a bit wider, but It's a short word. I'll see what I can do. But there's absolutely no way I will be able to please everyone, so bear with me :D
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Please = to give pleasure. Of course not to everyone.
I was just making a suggestion Phil. Its a more than satisfactory design as it is. Maybe it would look even better if stretched a little.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

An observation not aimed at you, Jaba. I encourage feedback! It's a case of compromise as with most designs... let's see where we go from here (I'll have a play with it tomorrow)... it's all good fun.

On a slightly different note: I went into my local Citroen dealership (Helix, Chelmsford) and met with the Manager who after I was able to describe the event, and give him some print outs to support it, seemed genuinely impressed and has promised to try to incorporate this into their promotions activity in the coming months. We should enjoy some publicity out of their involvement. He said we could put up a mini-poster in the two showrooms they have.

Interestingly, he di say he would have to organise some healthy discount on parts for any participants who would want to order from them.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DLM wrote: 5. Sorry, Doc. Places to drink insensibly in public in France are few and far between, by comparison with the UK, due to cultural differences... though of course cirrhosis of the liver is more prevalent.

More to follow....
Already cooked the old liver years ago David!

I'm trying to preserve it a little bit these days, or pickle it??!

Phil, I like the bottom one more too, dont know why for sure, but it looks a tad "cleaner" if that makes any sense.
I see the point about stretching it a bit but if you go too far with that (as you said it's a short word) then it'll look, er, stretched, if that makes any sense?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

For what the record I prefer the second one too, as it has the chevrons incorporated. I'll try to refine the design this weekend.

I see it as working in conjunction with the existing, more explanatory logo.

It occurs to me that the tee-shirts could look cool with this plaque design on... 8)
M

Post by M »

And for those looking for a CB radio - This is exactly the sort of thing you want to look for. The dashingly handsome seller also has a kilt for sale too.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nice, M.

Here's a revised plaque design, it's a bit wider. Colur might seem a bit different as it's saved as a four-colour. In reality it will be a bit punchier.

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

M wrote:And for those looking for a CB radio - This is exactly the sort of thing you want to look for. The dashingly handsome seller also has a kilt for sale too.
I'm still the highest bidder with 99p! Sorry, not after a kilt though but I'm strangly tempted by the old tax discs - no idea why though...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
M

Post by M »

Strangely the CB has 7 watchers but the Tax Discs have 19!
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Phil, I like the latest plaque/banner.