Newbie seeking alloy rims

Anything about BXs
Nigel Bickle
Confirmed BX'er

Newbie seeking alloy rims

Post by Nigel Bickle »

Hi. I've had a few BX's previously -and have just returned to the fold with a 1990 BX 1.9Gti.
Seems a good 'un -although it needs a clutch and a top hose -probably a load more too!!

However- its on tired Xantia rims -and I'm looking for something to cheer it up a bit.

So -whats the size options 14 or 15 inch? iIs 5.5 or 6j possible and do Ford alloys fit -as well as Peugeot etc?

Finally has anyone on this 'august forum' got a set they are prepared to sell -before I delve into filth bay? I've no idea whats available - and am reasonably open to suggestions....
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Hi Nigel and welcome to this 'august forum' from a fellow AS forum member :)

I'm afraid I know nothing about alloys as I run on boggo steelies but I'm sure there are some spare sets owned by people on here and you won't have to delve in the Bay of Evil.

Cheers,

Mark.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Welcome! - I knew I recognised your name from AS!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Nigel Bickle
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Nigel Bickle »

Damn -spotted !

Yes I do own a ''few'' European cars -but this is the first BX in a while. I've an old 4by4 in long term storage that needs all the usual stuff......

This one seems like a reasonable BX -and hopefully a good winter runner.

Clutch is going to be sorted this weekend, but it looks shabby on the mix of steels its currently running -no 2 are the same. Add that to a combination of different sized indifferent to bald rubber- and it needs an alternative before I present it for test!!

So -if there are any nice sets of rims out there- do get in touch.

Thanks all
M

Post by M »

Pug 405 / 406 rims are an option as are Pug 205 - I once had a set of the 1900GTi 205 rims and they looked very nice ( remove the little locating lug found on the BX rear hub). Pretty much all the Citroen and Pug 4 stud rims of that period will fit. Some exceptions are like the 206 - they have a different offset as does the 207/ 307 so they dont go on so well.

For me I dont think you can beat a nice set of 205GTi (1900) items polished or painted white. But then TBH Im more of a steelies and trims sort of bloke. 14 and 15" rims should have no problems, I think someone once put 17" rims on, but again modifications were needed.

Ford rims will fit, but you need a spacer - dont ask me which one or what size because I dont know and the website I used to use has gone and closed up shop.

14" 6J wheels will fit - but the limit without modifications to the arches / spats is 195 section rubber. IIRR Vanny had some very nice alloys with 205 section rubber on them.

How about a nice set of ZX Volcane alloys? Or Xantia Activa alloys? - Ebay be your friend here - though if you fancy Speedlines (and lets face facts, who wouldnt fancy a set of speedlines on their BX) then often there is someone on here with a set - remember you will need the correct alloy fixing bolts if going from steelies to allys.
Nigel Bickle
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Nigel Bickle »

Appreciated. On the hunt...
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

I have 15" 6.5J with 15 offset and 195-55 rubber. In the "low rider" mode i hear a little noise from rear, but I don't intend to drive when it's in low rider mode :P
Nigel Bickle
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Nigel Bickle »

Ta, reckon thats as big as I'll go too. just got to find something nice now!!
roy.hassell
BXpert

Speedline 6J Alloy wheels.

Post by roy.hassell »

Hi Nigel,
I have what you want.
If you care to pm me your own direct e-mail address then I can send you full details, price, and photos.
The set are as fitted as standard to the BX 16valve phase 1.
Regards,
Roy.
Nigel Bickle
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Nigel Bickle »

Roy -pm sent. Thanks