Citroenian Magazine.

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

jonathan_dyane wrote:
Philip Chidlow wrote:(Leans over and whispers in ear...) "Roverman is Tim Leech"... 8-[
That's a secret!

"By day he is but a used car salesman, but by night he is: 'Roverman'!" :wink:

How DARE you!, I am a NEW vehicle sales EXECUTIVE thank you :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Good luck with it matey, but seeing as I have stopped paying the extortionate yearly fee for a mag full of stuff I could find online for free, plus the odd "rally" where you're not allowed to stay up later than 10pm on a saturday night for fear of being talked down to by a small man with a light attatched to his frickin head, all so everyone can get 10hours sleep to watch a parade of vehicles in a centre ring, with Mr Carisma walking around talking into a badly tuned microphone*...it don't make much difference to me :lol: :wink:

* - it's not all bad, I got a cheap bit of exhaust. Well worth the £20+ or whatever it was to get in!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Roverman wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:
Philip Chidlow wrote:(Leans over and whispers in ear...) "Roverman is Tim Leech"... 8-[
That's a secret!

"By day he is but a used car salesman, but by night he is: 'Roverman'!" :wink:

How DARE you!, I am a NEW vehicle sales EXECUTIVE thank you :wink:
Does that mean you get a leather chair instead of a cloth one and more badges on your jacket? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

NO the chairs still cloth but it DOES recline and swivel and I get a shiny name badge and sit in a nice warm showroom.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I imagine the seat swivelling and swivelling faster and faster until it's all a blur...

until...

da, daaah!

IT'S ROVERMAN!!!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Kitch wrote:with Mr Carisma walking around talking into a badly tuned microphone*...:
One of the many reasons i wont be renewing my membership next year....

I reckon the BXclub has developed into something far more useful for BX owners than the CCC just like 2CVGB did for that bunch.

BUT its not a post for moaning about the CCC, its trying to drum up some support for Tim and Justin :lol:
Over and out from me
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I am happy to have a foot in both camps still.
So I say to Tim good on ya. Lets keep a polished and enthusiastic BX presence in the CCC.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

well it cant do any harm, lets wait and see what happens.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Here here.

BXClub is without question the best club I am a member of, and has what is not only the best car-related forum, but the best internet forum I have ever encountered, with a diverse group of interesting people and a keen community spirit working towards the common good with an incredible amount of support and help freely given by exceptionally knowledgeable people.

Somehow we have the camaraderie of the '2cv people' and are certainly a mile apart from the CCC in many respects. But yet the CCC as noted does indeed recognise the BX, and to have an enthusiastic columist can only be a good thing for both the car and also for BXClub, as I'm sure a great many BX owners will become members of BXClub via the CCC.

So thanks Tim for taking it on.

2p...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

And it goes without saying big thanks to Jon and all else who work behind the scenes to make such a thing as BXClub possible :) :) :)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

jonkw wrote:2009's BXathon event, The Site Admins have paid their money already, I am looking at the rest of you now to support this important event, and going back to the original thread, CCC you would and could have never ever done it. I was going to say I'm sorry, but I am not.

Remember BXC people, we do it for free!
It is a remarkable club we have. Exceptional.

PS Jon, please note :D that it's BXagon (as in hexagon)... It's going to be quite something I'm sure. Whether or not we get as many teams as I hope I do know everyone involved will give their all. You should see the e-mail traffic between some of us related to sorting the route - such enthusiasm!!! And we should be getting some teams from outside the club too!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

/\ everything that's been been said from Kitch down!
I shant be renewing.
I too have offered articles that have never been published, although that may have more to do with differences between me and certain CCC stalwarts TBH.

I'm always oddly amused when either Ian or Justin mentioned the BXClub in the mag with which immediatley followed an insert from heir fuhrer Burnjmeister saying "dont forget our own CCC website"... ya know the one, there's tumbleweed on every page!

I've met a lot of good fellows on here, had a few rows, had some interesting debates and learned a bit. Cant be bad from a little website given for fuck all to the masses.
I've never heard of another forum where such camorarderie (sp) exists between people from all walks of life that would probably never have met had it not been for the welcoming and helpful environment provided here.
I can without any doubt say that my life is much richer for having met some of the good folk from this here forum and very good friendships have been formed, again, all from a site that costs us nothing. Thats pretty fucking unique in this day and age.

I entirely agree with Jon too, we are big enough and bloddy minded enough to arrange our own events aswell as gatecrashing CCC events, and I'll bet my last penny that any event organised by the BXC would totally piss all over anything the CCC have done.

Big up to us, and balls to the CCC.
They will never accept the BX aslong as it's run by miandering misanthropes from a by-gone era.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I don't know the history of this topic (was there a big fall out in the past?) but anyway, I was at the national CCC rally for the first time ever and enjoyed it. However, on the first arrival I met up with my mate Steve in his Visa and spotted the BX guys by your t shirts so we went to hang around. Despite already gabbing to the few folks I knew - we were totally ignored! We ended up just going around the campsite talking to everyone we met. ended up drinking with a guy named Fil with a french registered CX and he told us that noone at all had come over to speak to them until we did! and he'd been there since the Friday! He thought the French plates on the CX was the cause (which I didn't understand)

If the CCC people don't allow noise after dark they didn't put up a sign telling people this that I saw. At the 2CV world meeting in 2005 there was a dedicated 'quiet zone' in the camping ground for folks that weren't in a party mood. All the CCC have to do is that!

I have no reason yet to stop getting the CCC mag (apart from the fact they wouldn't let me include a little cartoon at the top of the CX column :cry: )
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Speaks volumes that I phoned the CCC (number on the website), explained what we were doing (BXagon) and asked if the CCC would like to get involved. I was told I had to e-mail the 'secretary@...'. This was a while ago now. And not a dickie-bird. :roll: