Citroenian Magazine.

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds like they're really concerned then hey Phil? :roll:
The more I hear about the CCC the less I can understand why people would want to have much to do with them to be honest. I certainly wouldn't bother with any part of it even if I did own a Citroen (which I will again I promise!).

I'm firmly of the belief that Jon has done more for the BX than anybody else that I can see and if an events co-ord is appointed it will bring people together and cement the unique-ness of this club.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Lets not get too het up about this, I know some of you wont want anything to do with it and thats fine, but as I said it cant do any harm and I will be making references to this club and I will be doing a feature on the BXAGON if they let me do the column. Lets wait and see!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

I really was having a blonde moment!

Who else has a GT, a valver and SD1

:lol:
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Jayboy wrote:I really was having a blonde moment!

Who else has a GT, a valver and SD1

:lol:
Chris Salter if he had the room I expect :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Go for it Tim. We really do need to work at a reconciliation with CCC eventually but not as cap-in-hand-like underdogs, but from a position of strength. I believe they could learn a lot from us, about how to nurture a camaraderie, and how to generate interest on the basis of real practical knowledge/experience.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Phil, take it you've seen the current CCW? Cracking read at the best of times and the BXagon is featured in there.

Tim: nobody's getting het up, just offering their views on the CCC. If you get the gig you'd probably be better off posting up what you wrote on this forum so the non-CCC members can read it.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Email me at bxtim@citroencarclub.org.uk with any info you may have :wink:.

Thanks!
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Good luck tim! i started up the G section many years ago, and it can be hard going when you have nothing to write about! the BX is gaining a strong following,which can only be good, as for the CCC, i've been a member since the late '80's,and through the G section, have got involved within the CCC, end of the day, you get out what you put in! no point in moaning about it, GET INVOLVED!! want a "noisy" area at a rally, organise it!! (i know at the stratford rally,since they built the flats nearby, they like complaining about the noise!)
if you are not in the CCC, why not?? how can it be changed if you're not in it!
Along with Tims articles,there will be articles surrounding the "NEW" MK1 BX register,which im just getting started, (although my computer keeps crashing!)
Infact, i would go as far as saying a "BX SECTION" should be created,such as the D's,G's SM's ect,
chris s
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Chris, any info pics etc you have to offer will be gratefully recieved.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

ren16tx wrote:if you are not in the CCC, why not??
Well, the membership fee for one thing. What justifys it? Why not have a nominal fee and allow members to take out subscription of the magazine if they want it? (IMHO) The trouble could be that not enough people want a monthly magazine to make it viable... I guess it could be made pricier for those who want it. Not ideal. One way of looking at it is to make it an on-line service (with downloadable features, so you can cherry-pick the articles/pictures you want to archive) and save all that money (and trees) by not printing the Citroenian.

Make the CCC's forum more accessible and for Christ's sake make the website less of a garbled mess.

And ANSWER e-mails please, CCC!

And stop being so boring...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I will happily pass on your comments, lets see how it goes, I do agree the website could be much more simple and the forum more widely advertised.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Fee's and stuff.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi all. I must confess that I dont know if it's different now but I did join some years ago and found that joining was not a good experience to start with, after 4 weeks and having no contact then enquired to see if they had received the form and money the result was ---- SILENCE ---- couldnt be bothered to reply, after another 3 weeks was finally admitted to the CCC. Had a couple of articles published in the XM section but there was not a lot of interest in the South West section and indeed it folded, as regards the BX it seemed to be just about hanging on in the end.
The magazine was quite good quality at the Time but was then bound in a cheaper style because 'it was cheaper' and to save money.
There didnt seem to be a lot of input or interest and to be quite honest I had better things to do with the fee and even then it seemed to be very expensive.
I think what finally finished it of was went to a weekend CCC meeting and on the saturday night went to the 'events' tent to find it empty and there was not anyone that could be found connected with the CCC despite the invitation to come and join us and have a chat in the tent.
So yes expensive, lack of communication and nothing really to be of much interest unless you owned a certain type/age of vehicle, I think that if there is nothing to appeal to a wider section of Citroen owners then it will die.
Just my two pennies worth.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

All input is worth hearing Geoff, I will see if I can change peoples attitude!
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

The magazine has changed in the last year or so with a good few new columnists.

When I was a member the first time that was way back in 1997, the BX section was written by a great guy named Doug Proctor. His column was engaging, informative and encouraging. I sent in loads of stuff related to my BX back then. The G section was written by a nice guy named Roy Renshaw, again it was a great read and I actually looked forward to each mag. I think there was a dip in interest across the board in the 2000s but not sure as I was not a member then until 2006 when I rejoined.

I reckon the CCC rally next time should have a 'noisy area' that allows those of us who are up for it, the oppo to stay up drinking heavily and knocking things over etc..

Mind, there's very many old folks in the CCC and many other car clubs of any other make etc.
And stop being so boring...
what extra stuff should they do?

Compared to the heavily fractured Ford owners club and the diluted Swedish car club (I met one of their main guys right outside my garage as he came over to see the CX when I was working on it) he said their club was in a poor way (but that the forum was strong) The CCC is relatively good!

The best car event I was at was the 2005 2CV World Meet, it was really good with an ace atmosphere - sure there were some negatives but none were important to me. Still loads of 2CVGB members bitched about it on some way.

Then you gotta ask why some mixed car clubs such as Retro Rides (not technically a club I know) work well. Also the VW scene seems to havs some natural success - why is that?

I'll stay in the CCC (not least coz I'm writing the CX column) but because I do love the cars (all of them!) and hearing about other members' stories.

I also reckon it's linked to the fact that the old Citroens are getting thin on the ground and that the new stuff is shite. (save for the C4 and C6)
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Fix Or Repair Daily
!!L O L!!!!

How TF did that happen? I didn't write that! FORDe sans 'E' was the intention - ai'nt got nowt against Fordes TBH. :)
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'