red Bx estate2.1 d12 in progressss (Romania)

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

thanks M !
as you know at the bx the gearbox knob is very long ... and whe u change the first with second u have a long way to go from the front .. to the back ... so i read about short shifters , well they are expensive ... and so .. with a little bit of work .. i have made my own short shifter !

now it`s shorter with over 4 cm , and it does make a difference in gear change .. i feel it now more precise !
cheers
Citroen BX Estate turbo d12
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

and some recent photos

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looking good. Is it riding lower than standard?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hellou , well in the pictures it is at the lowest point ! the ride height is lowered with 20 mm (the one i use on the road ) , and i think i`m gonna lower it with another 20 mm , now i`m usig hidractive spheres from xm .. with 35 bar , i think maybe it needs 25 bar ! anyway with this set`up i have excellent control in corners! but it is room for better :twisted: (also my father suggested that we put hidractive on it...well ... what can I say stay tuned.. coming soon bx hidractive :lol: )
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

My servo cylinder was bad , so we put a xm servo cylinder , it needed some modification but it worth the work
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hellou to all , well my bx`m works very good , i finaly got a new interior a black one :D (but not a 16 valve ... but the very good shape ... still makes me smile :D) , a new steering wheel brand new from a 16 valve :D
tomorrow i`m putting the steel rims with 205/55/15 , the rims are from a xantia ( 15" , 6 j , et 15 :twisted: )
also the rear bumper is in modifications ... it needed some smoothing , and with a little bit of work .. it will look very good

I have found some nice rims for next summer 16" 7.5 j et 30 :D , i hope i can get them wish me luck !
and so far :| the engine works fine ! i like to play with various cars on the road ... like audi a6 2.5 tdi , subaru legacy mercedes ... and lets not forget the bmw :twisted: :twisted: at least the top speed is above 19... km/h :D and it reaches the top speed very quick so ... that`s good !

good luck to all ... and do not forget drive a citroen ... or die trying :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

This really is a project in a league of its own. Well done. Now what we need is a video.. but preferably not one where you 'die trying'... please take care of yourself and your unique BX 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

thanks , well i have some videos ... but i don`t think is a good ideea to upload on youtube ... maybe i will select some .. and upload soon ! anyway 0-100 km/h happens in 9 sec and a bit ... pretty good with "stock" power :wink:
of course ... i`m not a maniac(maybe a little) :D that`s why i don`t have a 16 valve ... i have power .. but i can drive slowly and silent when I want :D(do not forget economically :D)
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

and some pics
ImageImageImageImage
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

i found some photos ... when i show people how the bx works .. they get out very fast ... but with a smile on their face :D

and yes in the car they are very silent (i think they pray to god :lol: )

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

hope u get an ideea .. of how the car works.. sounds etc :) and yes it will do 100km/h in under 8 sec when i`m done
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Sounds good, smooth and powerful! :D

That HP belt needs tensioning a bit further though. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

what? where?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

The shreeking noise just after setting off. Sounds like the belt momentarily slipping on the pump pulley. That belt really needs to be very tight to stop that! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

well you will be surprised , that sound is from the exhaust sistem :D , i have the final from xm , and it is to tight in the back ! no problem with the hp :wink: thanks anyway :idea: