The last word.

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

The last word.

Post by tom »

On February 29th, exactly four years from taking delivery of my BX, it will leave my service. It has completed over 65,000 miles with only one tow back and two failures to start. The home installed aircon works well to this day and the leather seats have made it a little special. Lots of TLC and good maintainance have kept it both reliable and a pleasure to drive.
Last year, it had new bushes, balljoints driveshafts, disks, pads, spheres, four calipers, ABS flexibles, a Doseur, a height corrector, droplinks, a recon rack, track rod ends, Michelins, cam belt, tensioners and a water pump, sundry bits of exhaust and a few other odds and ends. It has done nearly 20,000 miles in the last year alone and both looks and drives well for a BX. The Dreamspec car is far from past it so DLM will be taking it over to save it from the scrapman as I did four years ago. Fare well Grolliffe and thank you.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Does this mean the end of your BXing or is there another one waiting in the wings :D

They're not so easy to give! trust me I know :wink:
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Does 'the last word' mean what I think it does then? Only people think I have arthritis and I want to uncross my fingers asap.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Does 'the last word' mean what I think it does then? Only people think I have arthritis and I want to uncross my fingers asap.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

so good billy, you said it twice.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Well Tom, I for one wish you a fond farewell, as I believe you are forsaking BX land for good. Or are you ? Why do I ask - cos........

I replaced my BX with something other in 1995. I disliked other so much that within 6 months my BX was fettled and put back in use. Other was sold off to someone who liked Mercedes.

I am fully aware that the BX is not the best car in the world. But something about it seems to get under the skin of most of us in the BX club, making us unreasonably attached to an elderly motor that can be time consuming to maintain but never really expensive to keep on the road.

I and I hope we all shall miss your direct and insightful positive input.

Ciao
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: The last word.

Post by Jaba »

tom wrote: Fare well Grolliffe and thank you.
It has not escaped my notice that Tom - who disappeared in a puff of sorcerer's smoke in January has suddenly reappeared through the ectoplasm of time.

Welcome back to BX world mate.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Thank you but a little premature, alas. There are other cars out there, though so it may yet happen.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

There's still alot of tired cars about, but as the numbers dwindle it does seem that rarities and better condition well cared for and pretty well sorted BX's are surfacing so the right beast may pop up!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...