1990 TZD Auto LHD BX.

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mike st gilles
BXpert

1990 TZD Auto LHD BX.

Post by mike st gilles »

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/26877426
Hopefully these will come out and show my 1990 TZD Auto that lives in France with the 'project house' that takes all my time and money for the moment.
edit; Still can't get my head around all this electrickery but I think if you click on the link it will show the photos..........worked for me.
Last edited by mike st gilles on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Lovely, rare too!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

The house looks very tidy Mike, how far from completion? Are you living in tha caravan at the moment? (You have my sympathy if you are!)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Thanks Tim, it's a 1.9D and in good nick with 210,000 kms on the clock. Its not as sluggish as some would have them....perhaps its the way that they're set up. This one is probably the best starting BX I've ever come across ....its almost as if it's started as you turn the key............and that's with a 4 or 5 month break; left in the field.....I do use one of those solar trickle chargers on the dashboard plugged into the cigar lighter.
Mike
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Mat, the house is still only really a shell......we've put a new roof on the main house and the one storey bit you can see (behind the BX) that's going to be the kitchen. also put DPC and concrete floors (first proper floor for some 300 yrs in parts of the house). Water and electric connected and fosse septique installed. Also new windows to the house and the kitchen.
We've had the place for about 10 years; got a bank loan for 10 grand to buy it but only had the money to start to do it up when I retired from the police about 3 years ago now. Still got an attached barn at the far side (opp to mobile) to be totally renovated and a one storey single storey bit at the back of the house (house is sort of built back to front, as the front of the house faces the land; 2 1/2 acres with a 1/2 acre lake) and the back is to the road (tiny chemin rural).
Last trip, got the land and the lake cleared and dug out as it was like a jungle.
And no, we're not living in the mobile full time (brief sojourns for the moment) but its a great base for doing work from and quite civilised compared to the 10 ft caravan and tent we used to have there. Also got some great neighbours up the road from me who have been very kind when we've arrived to a bit of an emergency on occasions.
As for completion..............well it's all a question of finance really....if I was able to stop working and go full time over there with about £15 grand I reckon it could be liveable in about 2 months. (not this weather though, probably going to give it a break until the spring now.)
Mike
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Whereabouts in France?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

About 30ks south of St Brieuc and about 100 ks west of St Malo. Very rural farming community; mostly cows and merde.
Mike
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The BXagon will be passing your way...

If you don't watch it we might all descend upon you in the evening of the 28th October looking to pitch up! (Only joking..)

mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

No joking here...if you want to make it a stopover for whatever, be it lunch, overnight or whatever, let me know and I'll make sure that I'm there and provide whatever hospitality I can.
Looking at the map you must be coming up the Pontivy road and then on to Mur De Bretagne (I imagine) and we are literally 10 ks from there along the D 63.........you're more than welcome for a libation and a barbie.
Mike
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, sounds like we could arrange a slight deviation then. Plenty of time to plan... I'll e-mail you in due course... 8)
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Great house! I was just thinking after looking at the map there, the route also gets near Rennes and if I'm not mistaken the BX was built at the Citroen plant at Rennes-la-janais.

Wondering if the BXagon cars could do a stop there?
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well I can't stop anyone visiting! Bear in mind the route passes - at its closest point at Dinan - 55kms from Rennes. At that point in the event I estimate most teams still en route to the Dieppe stop will be passing through Dinan at between 9hr30 and 11hr00 on the 29th Oct. This is assuming a stop over at St. Brieuc. A stop over at Mike's will add (with the getting up later factor too lol!) an hour to this maybe. So if a detour was planned I suggest leaving the currently planned route at the N12 to Rennes/N176 to Dinan junction. There's a very good chance of getting to Rennes-la-Janais (although I'm not sure exactly where it is) by, say 11hr30 (a pile of British BXs outside the gate may confuse them as the workers leave for lunch!)... A photo opportunity and taking our lunch locally still means a 485km dash to Dieppe. OK, it's do-able in probably a tad over 5 hours, but means traversing Normandy (of interest to some) a bit later in the day. We'd be crossing the Pont de Normandie in the dark. I think I would prefer to keep the route as planned and let individual teams make the decision which option to take.