Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote:A 16V
A TZD Turbo Hatch with A/C

Both of which I have! :P
Now thats odd!
A black 16V P2, cosmetically a bit challenged but mechanically Teh Sex, with leather.... got one of them.

A P2'd TD, tuned with taller gearing and endless other mods in Pink... Yep, got one of them too!

Oh and a Triton Green TD auto.. Well, it aint mine, but theres one in the family, and it's the fucking most ace car of eVaH, said entirely without bias of course..

And a Rusty Dennis Lance of 1993 vintage for those boring winter evenings, check!
El Bandito of the Shire of Darkness wrote:It needs new synchros for 3rd and 4th
Anytime you want it done mate, give us a nod. I may just have sufficient rings in stock to knock a good box together.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm loving those, Chris. They do polish up well don't they.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Is that a deliberately small piccy of you there Doc? :P :wink:
Black is ace on a BX, as is Ven Red if you can be bothered to keep it shiney!
Jeth and Matt have hit on a good one though, a TD 4x4. That surely has to be done!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

hhmm, hadn't really considered a TD 4x4, easy enough to do, but I prefer the T16 or just D6C 4x4 option...

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

Why go for shitty petrols as you can go for lovely smokey diesel :lol:

Right after my wallet accepts it, im gonna make a 4x4 TD.. and i would buy an 4x4 chop it to pieces and start mounting TD + other stuff
M

Post by M »

Can I throw in a wild card here....

1.9TD Estate running on top of Land Rover chassis and 4x4 gear (standard springs suspension) with air conditioning, ABS and leather please. Oh yes, and one of those in dash DVD players, DVD's in the back, decent quad stereo system (im deaf, so the stereophonic reproduction doesnt have to be great, just clear). Sheepskin carpets, and fluffy dice.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

A stiffened BX Sport shell, with a T16, or turbo'd Mi16/S16 running 4WD and an Activa setup.

And wide tyres. It'd need them.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: My ideal BX

Post by Philip Chidlow »

[quote="Philip Chidlow"]What would your real-world ideal BX be? By that I mean not someone's fantasy 20,000 mile 16v turbo estate with air con and seven seats etc etc...quote]

:roll: :D Going a bit wild there Kitch!
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

Reckon a Turbo Diesel BX van fitted with 4x4 would be the Don for me. Technically I have all the parts lying around to make it possible, but that would mean sacrificing the GTi 4x4 and the Turbo D'd valver and putting their oily bits on the van :shock:

Incidentally Phil, The beast you search for is available near me - a '91 TZi auto estate with alloys and aircon in Mercury Grey. He was askin £500 but it's a bit scruffy which put me off it. Mechanically good though to best of my knowledge. Only downside for you is location!

If I had more space and money I would have bought it no doubt. Another valver is calling me though at less than half the price of that TZi.
CCC BX Columnist
'89 16v P1
'90 BX GTi 4x4, 16v P2, 19 TZI auto A/C estate
'92 BX 19 TGD (now 17 Turbo D)
'93 BX 19 TXD estate & 19TD van
'93 ZX Volcane TD 3 Door
'71 DS 21 EFi Pallas, '86 Visa GTi ,
'98 Xantia Activa P1
'07 C4 by Loeb
3 x 2CV, 1 x Mehari
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I'm quite content and hands full with what I've got but I've got a soft spot for this chopped and shaved fella ( I just noticed it's got Mk.1 wings ) but I'd never have the the time or patience to attempt such a job. Perhaps it will turn up one day on Ebay - or is it actually real? No number plates, slightly iffy shadow and it sort of looks as though its floating. Anyway great concept :D

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Jayboy wrote:... but it's a bit scruffy which put me off...
It would me too. We are talking 'ideal' BX here.... But there might well be one out there... somewhere.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: My ideal BX

Post by Kitch »

Philip Chidlow wrote:
Philip Chidlow wrote:What would your real-world ideal BX be? By that I mean not someone's fantasy 20,000 mile 16v turbo estate with air con and seven seats etc etc...quote]

:roll: :D Going a bit wild there Kitch!
Well, it did say 'ideal'! :D

Otherwise it's my valver. As much as I love BX's, all other models just seem a little bit bland compared with the 16v's, so my ideal BX is oddly enough probably the one I have!
Second weapon of choice would be an uber soft GT, or possibly a 2.1TD engined machine.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I would say it has to be a Black Phase 2 16v, and a red Mark 1 16 TRS

Now going off topic...

I did once toy with the idea of a 2.0 8V turbo from an XM or Xantia Activa in my BX :)

I saw the ideal doner car at a scrappers once as well, a late Activa... In because of "Suspension Problems". I seriously think I'd rather just have the Activa.

Quite a tunable engine, but actually not very good. Our old Activa would struggle to get 25mpg, it was breathless at high revs and wasn't even that quick. The only thing it had going for it was it's refinement. The Saab we've got now will easily do 35mpg, and that's got 320bhp, opposed to 150...

Perhaps a BX with a seam welded shell. If there is one thing the BX needs is a stiffer shell. The car would handle, and ride a hell of a lot better.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Matt H wrote: Now going off topic...

Perhaps a BX with a seam welded shell. If there is one thing the BX needs is a stiffer shell. The car would handle, and ride a hell of a lot better.
OT again: I'm no expert but what stiffening might be practical? Imagine a BX Sport, or GTi 8v - not to mention a 16v - with a welded in cage, maybe (is this possible?) strut brace(s)... any suggestions?
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Philip Chidlow wrote:any suggestions?
Yes, lots!
But I'm tired and it's late, so I'll stick my tuppence in another time!