Citroenian Magazine.

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes it is a subscriber magazine only Billy, regarding posting up the article, that would be a wee bit unfair on those who pay the £30 a year dont you think?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Roverman wrote:Yes it is a subscriber magazine only Billy, regarding posting up the article, that would be a wee bit unfair on those who pay the £30 a year dont you think?
The £30 a year is for much more than articles published on the BX isn't it, so I can't see it as unfair on others but certainly complimentary to you in being asked to post it. It would be considerate to and welcomed by this BX community too. :D

However, have you ensured that it is you that has retained the copyright because if so there should be no problem in posting BUT, if you have knowingly (or unknowingly in the small print) signed it away....................... :(
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You know what? If CCC would accept payment online (Esp. Electron card :roll: ) - even PayPal I would have joined by now. Can't quite get around to filling in forms and posting them etc...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I agree Phil it is a faff doing it that way, the Sd1 club has just gone over to paypal and has seen an increase in membership because of it. I will check the copyright on this to be sure, it was mostly an introduction about me and my bx background which most on here know of anyway.

I will raise the point on the forum about joining via paypal.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Roverman wrote:Yes it is a subscriber magazine only Billy, regarding posting up the article, that would be a wee bit unfair on those who pay the £30 a year dont you think?
Why? I think it's a wee bit unfair that you haven't posted your column up. How many people join the CCC just to read a column about BXs in a bi-monthly (or whatever it is) magazine?
If you're getting support from people on here (which is, of course, a great thing) then why not spread the word and post up the contents of your column for everyone to see?
Who knows you might even encourage people to join the CCC if you suggest what else is on offer in the magazine, such as any discounts etc?
It won't be me for £30 a year but some people may feel inclined.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

There is a lst of benefits and whats on offer on the website www.citroencarclub.org.uk if anyone fancies a look, there is a glossy monthly magazine with sections for all models, BX included, with normally 4-6 pages with technical stuff etc included.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I pay the 30questions a year and I don't mind you reproducing the BX column on here.

You could start a special thread for it?
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Roverman wrote:There is a lst of benefits and whats on offer on the website www.citroencarclub.org.uk if anyone fancies a look, there is a glossy monthly magazine with sections for all models, BX included, with normally 4-6 pages with technical stuff etc included.
So that's a no then?
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I suggest we leave Tim alone on this. There are some within the CCC who might think, no sooner has he come onboard to do something for the Citroenian than he decides to show his 'true colours' (not MY opinion you understand!!!) by abusing his position. If a CCC member on here who does receive the Citroenian wanted to scan it and post it, I'm sure Tim wouldn't mind. (Anyone?)

Tim has taken on the responsibility of promoting the BX within the CCC and for that I - for one - am positive about this. I will be joining the CCC soon as I do feel that the best way to fight any prejudice against the BX within the ranks of the CCC is to be a part of it and 'change it from within'. Tim is helping us acheive this through his efforts.

Don't undermine him and take the opportunity to have a dig at him. It's not constructive.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Phil, I have already been "kindly asked not" to tell BX members to come on this forum without trying to get the answers they need of the CCC members first, as they would like to get the BX topics more active, which I do understand as they are trying to expand membership, so wont be wanting to cause more grief for myself.

Cavmad, I pay my £30 year the same as the next man to read the stuff I wrote, plus with any kind of motoring publication there is a cost involved even if the content is supplied free, plus I dont have a scanner even if I wanted.

Look at this way the membership fee costs less than a packet of 10 fags or one pint of beer a month so its hardly extortion, in my view the magazines are worth that alone.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I was thinking more of just copy and pasting the text right into a forum thread not scanning the mag pages.

I'd do the same for the CX column if I though anyone here would be interested!!! :lol:
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I suggest we leave Tim alone on this. There are some within the CCC who might think, no sooner has he come onboard to do something for the Citroenian than he decides to show his 'true colours' (not MY opinion you understand!!!) by abusing his position. If a CCC member on here who does receive the Citroenian wanted to scan it and post it, I'm sure Tim wouldn't mind. (Anyone?)

Tim has taken on the responsibility of promoting the BX within the CCC and for that I - for one - am positive about this. I will be joining the CCC soon as I do feel that the best way to fight any prejudice against the BX within the ranks of the CCC is to be a part of it and 'change it from within'. Tim is helping us acheive this through his efforts.

Don't undermine him and take the opportunity to have a dig at him. It's not constructive.
I wasn't. I suggested he posted up what he had written so non-members can see it and I also suggested it might attract non-members to join up. Tim is indeed taking responsibility of promoting the BX and I did say that I thought it was great he was getting support from people on here. Perhaps you missed that when your 'over sensitivity' radar went off?
I can see why the CCC would not want Tim to promote this excellent forum because they're promoting their own cause of which Tim is a valuable asset.
Don't patronise me and take the opportunity to have a worthless cheap shot at me when you haven't actually grasped what was said. It's not constructive.

Tim, note I didn't suggest you re-print the entire magazine here, just the relevant BX part. We used to have a monthly(?) sort of BX review on here iirc and thought your column could replace that perhaps in the manner that Aerodynamica suggested (copy and paste)? Just a suggestion but if it can't be done, it can't be done.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Patronising? Moi? Sorry Biily.

Essentially, it's up to Tim what he does. If any of us (and at the moment it's me too) are too busy/too tight to part with money to pay for the Citroenian subscription, then we can hardly expect to see the article, can we? After all without the Citroenian - and the subscribers - that article wouldn't exist. So it's a bit naive to deal with the article in isolation.

Oh, and Billy, 'over sensitivity radar'... nice one. Really :lol:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote:After all without the Citroenian - and the subscribers - that article wouldn't exist. So it's a bit naive to deal with the article in isoilation.
But the article does exist so the argument is immaterial and as touched on earlier if the copyright remains with Tim, he can have it published wherever he chooses. :wink:

It's generally in a writers interest to be as widely published as possible and not create one niche or pigeon hole.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Wondered when you'd chip in.

Like you say, it's up to Tim.

I won't say any more either because of that.

PM me if you want to continue the debate. No point in hijacking the thread.