Citroen Bx 16 Valve 1991 - you want how much?

Anything about BXs
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

Ye of little faith...i saw today 2 BXs can't believe it both those TDZ thingy what evers (no bollocks like the 16v !!!!) and the one i parked next to tonight was a K reg in white TDZ whatever..sorry not being a Diesal anorak have no time for a car which produces less than 0 - 60 in 7.9 secs !!!! anyway was good to see 2 BX bodyshells on the road....!!!!!

Chidlow will furnish photos once the SM is on the road aswell so can take some good pics have changed certain things on your old valver following a service but thatnsk to you only the following needs doing :-

BOTH REAR SUSPENSION DUST COVERS R TORN AND NEED REPLACING

HEATER MATRIX IS LEAKING AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

AND.....AIR INTAKE PIPE FROM TOP OF RADIATOR TO AIR FILTER IS MISSING (MAYBE WHEN NEW RAD WAS INDUCED ???)

Apart from that nothing car is one of the best BX16vs Darrin had seen anyway the 16V is like a snow flake it settles on the grass and looks great first thing in the morning - but when the kids have been runnng around on the lawn - it looks - well - knackerd, UNLESS Chidlow has owned it b4 hand and sorted it.......ooooh what a creep.co.uk.com.bx one is .....H552 HVS is looking HOT !!!!!!!!!!!
Foxtrot One !
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Ascot Valver wrote:Ye of little faith...i saw today 2 BXs can't believe it both those TDZ thingy what evers (no bollocks like the 16v !!!!) and the one i parked next to tonight was a K reg in white TDZ whatever..sorry not being a Diesal anorak have no time for a car which produces less than 0 - 60 in 7.9 secs !!!!
Don't knock them, the TD BX can do 0-60 in 10 seconds, which ain't too shabby ;-)
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Steady on there, Mr. Ascot :roll: :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

jonathan_dyane wrote:the TD BX can do 0-60 in 10 seconds
And with a few tweaks, it feels like it can do it in considerably less....not that I'm biased of course! :D

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ascot Valver wrote:Ye of little faith...i saw today 2 BXs can't believe it both those TDZ thingy what evers (no bollocks like the 16v !!!!) and the one i parked next to tonight was a K reg in white TDZ whatever..sorry not being a Diesal anorak have no time for a car which produces less than 0 - 60 in 7.9 secs !!!!
My TD will do 0-60 in somewhat less than 10 seconds, and if your valver takes 7.9 secs to get to 60 it's not a fast one.

Dont knock the diesel, it's got plenty of bollocks when it needs them.
And do rememebr that the diesel was never intended to be a GTi, it's two different engines for two different purposes.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:D

Jesus - Only joking gents - sure TDZ is a fast machine as are light motors - ust not into Diesals -

i meant to say 7.4 seconds which is the official 0-60 however this one does it in just over 7.2 as tested it on sunday (so there mind u once the super charger is fitted who knows ????????
Foxtrot One !
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Supercharger? :) Wonder what the drive train would make of that? Intriguing.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

yes is watching that "CHOP SHOP" in Discovery channel re-arranging old cars into something exotic.....by placing a super charger into a 1988 Porsche 944 variant for David Ginola !!!!! :D :D :D anyway do fancy getting some more HP out of her what do you suggest am advised crypton tuning is not a great route to take !
Foxtrot One !
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ascot Valver wrote:however this one does it in just over 7.2 as tested it on sunday (so there mind u once the super charger is fitted who knows ????????
Still a bit slow then, although your car does have the three row ECU with Knock sensor I do believe so it'll never be as fast as a two row minus the knock sensor car.

Erm, there's a few things you can do to up the power, which have all been documented well over the years, on here and Lukes site.

TBH I'd be very wary about just strapping a super (or turbo) charger to an Mi16 without doing some other major mods.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

:D

Dear All Seasons Greetings and Happy BXmas !!!!

will submit latest pictures of the 16v - will leave engine well alone as seems to be going so well- even the war office drove her the other night (and blew the mid pipe on the exhaust whch have had replaced - did have a huge hole in it which was known to happen v soon due was original i think...) anyway apart from that she loves it.....

Simon...
Foxtrot One !