Citroenian Magazine.

Anything about BXs
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Wondered when you'd chip in
Really! :? If you look back I posted to Tim before your pontifications! And points made are in keeping with the thread not a hijack!!!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'll give you pontifications Way2 :wink: PM me if you like. Signed, Mr. Imperial' :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

What is this?
Have a go at W2G week or something?

My mag dropped through the letterbox this morning, and it's good to know there will be a regular Bx colomn again.
But Tim, for gawds sake get that piccy changed!
We all know BX owners have beards and dont wear ties!

If Tim retains the copyright I dont think it would be a bad thing at all if it were reproduced here, as mentioned maybe to reestablish the BXPress part of this site, as Billy said, it may encourage people to join the CCC.
Oh, and I've always paid the subscription over the phone by card....

If Tim reproduced the article a month behind what appears in the mag then it's not taking an exclusive away from the CCC, and since mags are usually in GSF and the such then surely the CCC want people to read it?
And since you dont have to be a member of the CCC to purchase a mag then it must reinforce that any publicity is good publicity for the CCC right?

Anyway, good on ya Tim, and lets see plenty more!

I have to say with the Iconoclast and French connexion bits in there aswell it's actually becoming a good read again.

Oh, and Mr.Aerodynamica dude, you could of course post your article's on CXClub, I'm loving your articles, fucking top notch my man!

And here's to the BX colomn becoming as good now!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
M

Post by M »

docchevron1472 wrote:I dont think it would be a bad thing at all if it were reproduced here, as mentioned maybe to re-establish the BXPress part of this site,
Please god yes, been trying to get my finger out and write something new for that for ages, but Im much to busy at work and arguing with paypal these days...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Fuck me, the world and his wife is online tonight!

Haven't you all got clubs and stuff to go to!???
Or whatever it is the hip kids do these days...
glue sniffing, mugging etc etc...

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's early yet. (Thank God for sleep-overs)... :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

docchevron1472 wrote:Fuck me, the world and his wife is online tonight!
Haven't you all got clubs and stuff to go to!???
Well, I was waiting for the wife to get back from a Christmas night out with the women from the local mother & toddler group - sounds harmless, but its a gang of middle age lagered up wimmin - bloody frightening. Anyway, I cant really go to bed whilst she is out as being deafer than a lump of 3x2 rough cut I cant hear the girls when they wake up, and with Katie being full of the usual cold / teething / snot that most 18 month olds suffer with she wakes up a lot. (I have before now slept through the smoke alarm going off, the burglar alarm going off and next door going up in smoke with a gas explosion)

The wife on the other hand, despite having only one ear has hearing that would shame most bats. Fortunately only James has inherited my crap hearing, though it does have its advantages both at work (where I turn up the deafness to not hear stuff that my boss tells me to do) and at home ( where I just "dont" hear the wife) :twisted:
M

Post by M »

Correctorization:

The wife has two ears, but only one hears owing to loss of hearing when she got measles as a kid.

Up early every day partly due to my body clock being stuck on BST and waking me up at 6.30 (now 5.30am) and partly due to kids.

Mind you wast it Maggie T who famously got away with only 4 hours kip each night. Wonderful woman, obviously one of the undead spawn of Satan and as mad as a box of frogs, but wonderful.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ey what? I had an early night and missed all the action, I wont be reproducting the magazine articles on here for now, as I do think its only fair the subscribers get first bite of the cherry.

If anyones really that interested in me and my cars by all means ask away, but in the past it has seemed that was quite the opposite!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

We can read that on here Tim but it's not about you and your cars anyhow is it, it's about the BX in general?. If the CCC won't let you reproduce your column after you've posted it in their publication then that's their loss and probably the reason there seems to be quite a ground swell of people who will never join up.

Marty: please don't mention that poisonous bint Thatcher on here, some of us still hate the vile old witch :evil:
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron1472 wrote:If Tim reproduced the article a month behind what appears in the mag then it's not taking an exclusive away from the CCC, and since mags are usually in GSF and the such then surely the CCC want people to read it?
Probably the best all round constructive solution (if the only one) so far. I won't be signing up for it either way, so really I'm not fussed. I can honestly say, hand on heart that while I read every column that was published during my time as a member and enjoyed what I saw, the information available on this very forum and others like it is worth 100 times more to me. If we had to pay for this forum, I would because the amount of information over the years that has helped me with my car has been invaluable! Without it my car wouldn't be on the road today, no joke!
Publications like the CCC mag are redundant now IMO. A few years ago before the advent of all these online forums and clubs they were a lifeline. Now they're a rip-off and the sooner the CCC realise and attempt to combine itself with third-parties such as this forum (and likewise forums for other models) the better off they'll be.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thing is Kitch we use the PC alot and come on here regularly, there are some who have a computer but dont use it alot or like my folks dont have one at all, as they are of that generation and get there info the old fashioned way.

Personally I always read in bed to unwind and normally have something motoring reataed on my bedside (no smart commenst please :wink: ), as , which makes a nice change from staring at screen all day, the other bebnefit is that you can keep them for future reference.

With the CCC quite a big percentage of its members are of a "certain age" a magazine would be far more "their bag" than t'internet., you can see how little the forum is used in comparison to the amount of members it has which would indicate this.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Oh, and Mr.Aerodynamica dude, you could of course post your article's on CXClub, I'm loving your articles, fucking top notch my man!
Cheerz doc, yep I spoke to Mr. Rutherford about it at his place while taking the BX home - I'll see about putting the column on CX club if it'll fit that is!

The weather was nice today so I went out (no, not walking or anything healthy) went out in the BX for a drive oop to Stirling and back and stopped at Stirling Services for coffy. There's often interesting cars and bikes etc at this service at the weekend as it's one of those ones that's in just the right place.

Guess what I saw......

....wrong!

A black Citroen C6 arrived and parked in the disabled bay to which a grumpy old couple started ranting about how it was a disabled bay and that they should be fined! Then the older lady driver put up the blue badge on the C6 dash and hobbled out to the services with a walking stick..

Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hey sod that Citroen, whose is the XJ40 next to it? Proper bit of class there!
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

M wrote:(I have before now slept through the smoke alarm going off, the burglar alarm going off and next door going up in smoke with a gas explosion)
Bloody hell Marty, burglers, fires and explosions... have you considered moving to somewhere quieter? Like outside the green zone in Bagdad??!
Cavmad wrote:Hey sod that Citroen, whose is the XJ40 next to it? Proper bit of class there!
I concur Billy, a proper Jag, from when they weren't owned by a company that builds stuff in mud huts!
Tim wrote:Personally I always read in bed to unwind and normally have something motoring related on my bedside (no smart comments please )
spoilsport! I had several one liners lined up there :cry:
Teh Kitchski wrote: I can honestly say, hand on heart that while I read every column that was published during my time as a member and enjoyed what I saw, the information available on this very forum and others like it is worth 100 times more to me. If we had to pay for this forum, I would because the amount of information over the years that has helped me with my car has been invaluable! Without it my car wouldn't be on the road today, no joke!
Publications like the CCC mag are redundant now IMO. A few years ago before the advent of all these online forums and clubs they were a lifeline. Now they're a rip-off and the sooner the CCC realise and attempt to combine itself with third-parties such as this forum (and likewise forums for other models) the better off they'll be.
I concure entirely. Very well typed young sir!