Is it a bit sad when......

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Is it a bit sad when......

Post by Kitch »

....you finish work at 6pm and decide to travel 10 miles or so to pick up your BX which is moored up out of town, and then get excited as you get nearer as your REALLY look forward to driving it over the weekend even though you have a TVR in the garage???

In fact I think I might run it upto Goodwood in a mo. The torque steer at 5k revs + is horrific at the mo due to the tracking being whaaaayyyy out and its still got a dicky valve but I don't care! :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Not at all.

I've been using the valver everyday for three weeks, and I've been finding longer ways home from work just because I love driving it.

Whilst I did enjoy the ride in your TVR I prefer the valver. The raucosness of the TVR is fun for a while, but I think I'd find it rather tiring after a while.

The valver is king, long live the beast!

That said I brought the diesel home today, and I rather enjoyed the drive home in that too....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Not sad at all. I frequently used the Chevette auto over all my fleet of (admittedly tat) other motors and loved every minute of it.
Vauxhall apologist.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

What with the price of petrol going down, I'm hoping to get my 16v out for next summer. I get excited just sitting in it and starting it up once a month, so I understand how you feel Kitch and I've only driven it on the road once for a total of half hour. It's a little bit different to the 1.9D that I'm accustomed to - I've never had any kind of performance petrol car, always diesel thumpers.

There's just a few other jobs in the way first, though it does idle sweetly at least!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

It's a different kind of car to the TVR really. To most the BX is just an everyday smoker, whereas to most the TVR is not a viable daily drive.

I did the actual route though the Meon valley and across the West Sussex back roads to Goodwood that I would normally do in the TVR yesterday. I've been wanting to do it in the BX for a long time now and aside from getting it horrifically salty and grubby it did really well. In reality it was no slower than the TVR A-B in terms of blasting around, only when I didn't want to get silly I could just sit back and listen to the stereo!

That said, I did miss the TVR's noise and the fact that everyone else you drive past/overtake hates you and thinks you're an anti-social hooligan!

Some crackin motors doing a track day at Goodwood too, including a V8 powered Anglia and mk4 Cortina (in brown!) an XR4x4 which got whipped by just about everything! Couple of 205's, one a silver 1.4 XT which so nearly span into a wall, a Civic Type-R which did spin into a wall, the usual Elises and Audis, a Golf GTi and a silver Astra VXR which tanned everything in site. Respect to him!! Not a fan of Vauxhall's products in general, but I've had some fun in one of those VXR's and they're a riot!

Managed to rinse £30 worth of V-Power in 130 miles since Friday night though, which would have allowed me to go about my daily business for 3 weeks, or 360miles in the 106, so tomorrow I'm going to fetch it and swap back :( :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)