Help needed to save BX!!

Anything about BXs
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Help needed to save BX!!

Post by ren16tx »

I have a BX19rd auto,D reg, i have tryed selling it, with no takers, i don't want to scrap it! However, i do not have the money to repair it at a garage,and would be more than the cars worth!
the problem?? it needs re piping at the front,im told the strutts maybe coursing pipes to blow? so, if anyone knoows how to do hydralic pipes, and fancies ago.........
the bx is garaged in a lock up,in Farnborough, Hants,
chris
07834 620315
simcaukatyahoo.co.uk
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
nige!
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nige! »

see my post in technical about blowing pipes, the opinion there is that only the accumulator sphere needs changing, not a big job realy..
all i want for christmas is a dukla prague away kit

My Fleet:
1994 Citreon BX - reliable Eric
1970 MKIII OD Spitfire (1500) - MOT'd and driving daily
1972 VW Type2 Camper - all ready for holidays
1984 Kawaskai Z750ltd - still scares me
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i think the acumilater is ok, i know the octopuss has been "bodged" severall times, and realy wants replacing,and was advised that the front struts need replacing?? which is why its leaking fluied??
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The pipes that are blowing off are all rubber ones?

Depending on circumstances over the next week or so, I might quite like this for my daily commute.
this might be a signature
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Overly leaky front struts blowing off the 2 pipes will be accompanied by the front suspension lowering quickly after park up if the struts are duff.

My old BX was so bad that it would lower in 2 seconds and pump back up then lower again in a cycle of madness. The 2 rubber pipes would pop off emptying lots of LHM on the ground and the brakes :D
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Aerodynamica wrote: My old BX was so bad that it would lower in 2 seconds and pump back up then lower again in a cycle of madness. The 2 rubber pipes would pop off emptying lots of LHM on the ground and the brakes :D
I had a strut fail on the M25 during a journey. The returns blew off and the flailing pipes then got chewed so could not maintain a supply of lhm for the journey home.
Best to service a strut with new seals etc or replace if there is any suspicion of significant leak-past as this was not a nice job at the roadside.
1991 BX19GTi Auto