Citroenian Magazine.

Anything about BXs
toomany2cvs
Confirmed BX'er

Post by toomany2cvs »

Aerodynamica wrote:I really like the Xantia and I had the slowest one ever made, the 1.9 D Auto!
There was an XM on fleaBay a few years ago - somebody had replaced the 2.1TD with a...

1.7 non-turbo.
Adrian
The user name says it all about the fleet.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

citrojim wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:Well, you're spot on about Xantia's, utter shite! Burn them all!!! :lol:
(Oh dear, that'll send Dickie G over the edge so it will!)
I'm somewhat teetering on the edge myself at that comment Doc :lol: Prepare thyself for the angry mob hurling spheres at you, boldly led by DickieG and I....

Pleased you enjoyed my little effort in the Citroenian. All absolutely true as well. There will be more to follow, albeit of a more technical nature. I'm not short of material.

Tim, a belated welcome to the Citroenian :D
Ta muchly I shant get into the Xantia debate but I have one and I love it to bits as Ive known her from new and shes like part of the family, I would happily own another one if it came along albeit it probably a TD.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

toomany2cvs wrote:
Aerodynamica wrote:I really like the Xantia and I had the slowest one ever made, the 1.9 D Auto!
There was an XM on fleaBay a few years ago - somebody had replaced the 2.1TD with a...

1.7 non-turbo.
Jesus wept. It's bad enough owning a Xantia in the first place, let alone one so slow everybody can drive past and see you in it :lol: . Did it come with blacked out windows? I mean the only possible reason for owning a Xantia is a diesel engine and they've changed that for an even slower one? :roll:
Vauxhall apologist.
toomany2cvs
Confirmed BX'er

Post by toomany2cvs »

cavmad wrote:
toomany2cvs wrote:

1.7 non-turbo.
Jesus wept. It's bad enough owning a Xantia in the first place, let alone one so slow everybody can drive past and see you in it :lol: . Did it come with blacked out windows? I mean the only possible reason for owning a Xantia is a diesel engine and they've changed that for an even slower one? :roll:
No, no, no... Not a Xant.
An _XM_ with a 1.7D...

You don't pay Road Tax, you pay Council Tax on it...
Adrian
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I remember that car, used round London IIRC.
Cant see the point really. Big car, small engine working very hard to pull it round. Where's the economy benefit?

I have no fear of sphere tossing!
I'll use my superlight and stupidly rapid BX valver to evade the evil Xanty spheres! :lol:

I would have a Activa, but not with the 2.0CT engine, it's shite.
They really should have stuffed the 24v V6 in it. Although I believe one or two exist?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toomany2cvs
Confirmed BX'er

Post by toomany2cvs »

docchevron1472 wrote:I would have a Activa, but not with the 2.0CT engine, it's shite.
Having had an XM TCT for 7yrs, I'd respectfully disagree...
They really should have stuffed the 24v V6 in it. Although I believe one or two exist?
The Activa was available with TCT, 24v, 2.1TD and HDi in Europe. We only got the TCT, though. Officially, the v6 wouldn't fit with the RHD steering gear and all the extra suspension bits - BL Autos in Welwyn beg to differ, having built at least one 24v Activa estate...

(but then, these are the guys currently reshelling their BX16v-powered hydraulically-suspended C15)
Adrian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry Adrian, didn't have my reading glasses on! That must have been painfully slow then? :shock: :D
I had a CT engined XM estate and whilst it was a bloody huge thing I was unimpressed with the lack of any noticeable power but the autobox probably zapped it all anyhow.
I really, really want a decent XM (diesel with manual box) at some point, they're one of those cars I find strangely fascinating.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

toomany2cvs wrote:Having had an XM TCT for 7yrs, I'd respectfully disagree...
Now there's an odd thing!
I've driven a few Activa's and XM 20CT's, some of them auto, and the XM's always felt more lively, although it could have just been perception?

The Adrian dude wrote:with TCT, 24v, 2.1TD and HDi in Europe. We only got the TCT, though. Officially, the v6 wouldn't fit with the RHD steering gear and all the extra suspension bits - BL Autos in Welwyn beg to differ, having built at least one 24v Activa estate...

(but then, these are the guys currently reshelling their BX16v-powered hydraulically-suspended C15)
Quite so, I meant RHD Xanty Activa's. I'm sure a mate of Kitch's or someone he knew or something was building a RHD Activa?
It's the engine it should always have had.
I've always found the 20CT massively unimpressive when compared toa non turbo D6C which pisses all over the CT lump, and is more economical.

I love that C15! It's just the dogs danglies, and when I get a C15 (oneday with all the other things I'm going to buy "one day") then it shall too be hydraulically suspended and have the best engine under the hood!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Remember guys and gals any BX info you have I will be interested in for the Citroenian mag please!

Toddao? a piece on your two would be great.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....