Post by toddao »

Happy New Year BXers!!! :D :D :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Happy new Year to everyone as well. :D

Shall our resolutions be to improve our BX's as much as possible. :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hey Todd, Happy New Year to you!

Citrojim got in there before you, I'm afraid... posted at 12:12 - on my blog no less 8)

Me? I'm at home being a bit sad, doing very little... can't even get pizzzed as I'm driving to London tomorrow morning...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

happy new year fella's.
I was working, but I'm having a couple of beers now.
Best wishes to all for 09.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Good luck & prosperity to all in 2009! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

sheesh you guys are a bit late :lol:

So am I as I write this at the end of the day (720pm) oh to think could have hoped on a plane to Raro or Tahiti and got there in time to do it all again! :shock:

Any ways have a happy and "prosporous" new year.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Happy New year everyone! :D

I'm really happy as I'm on the early shift at work today!! :(
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
M

Post by M »

Fell asleep on the couch about half nine after a day dicking about getting to the hospital and back for an out patients appointment ( did I mention our 2 week old Zafira is dead?, no? Oh well its currently siting on the drive all nice and Fubar whilst trying to set itself on fire every time its switched on - the dealer? Dont mention the dealer - cant take it back before the 6th of Jan - so booked it in with another Network Q agent tomorrow)

Currently also suffering with tonsilitis and taking some gram +ve antibiotics I found in the cupbord hoping that they will take the edge off it. Wife woke me up about 11 and I went to bed and hd a sh1t night due to throat and pain in arm from some nerve conduction tests they did on my thumb ( deadder than a can of spam) and the fact I still have to wear this bloody awful long arm cast for another 4 weeks.

Wished the wife happy new year about 2.30am when the carbon monoxide detector went off due to the batteries having died, bloody "peep" every 2 minutes - it is curerently doing sterling work in the garden as in my sleep lagged state I could not get the battery cover off, s it went out the window ( I aimed it at something soft and will recover it later once I have had a bath). Why do fugging alarms always choose 2am to have the batteries crap out?

2008? Utter arseflakes. Bring on 2009, Im waiting with a pickaxe handle, first sign of any grief and I will rip its nipples off.

Happy new year one and all
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I guess my day wasnt that bad after all.

just after 10am went off to a road accident didnt get back until gone 3pm, campervan with swedish family on a trip of a lifetime had a crash that claimed the life of the Father. Not my nicest start to a New Year and my thoughts are with the family.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

M wrote:
Why do fugging alarms always choose 2am to have the batteries crap out?
I think I can answer that one :lol: because at about 2am the house temp falls thus the battery voltage drops, hence, ping! :lol:

As for the rest of your ailments, it's just old age coming on. :oops:

Trust me I know :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It was like Sarejevo here last night with the intensity of fireworks being let off out in the street. After an hour I couldn't even see the other side of the street for smoke (though my eyesight was already a bit wonky). The pets didn't enjoy it much though.

Lovely weather here today - bright sun on snow. Now dark and parky, nothing for it but to continue as 2009 started with a few beers and let my system adjust to the huge change! Should be right by about Monday.. week :D

Let's have a picture of your railway layout then Ken. Have you got an APT125? The one that was meant to tilt. Or are you more of a steam guy? I bought a 16v gearbox off a bloke last year who lived in a world of Märklin model railways - he very kindly showed me his collection and layout in the loft. I used to always go the model engineer exhibitions in London every year - fascinating!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Happy New Year one and all! I hope it will be a good year. :)

I've just realised it's almost a year to the day since I joined, it's gone quick!
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
M

Post by M »

toddao wrote: Have you got an APT125?
Just APT, not 125 ( that was the inter city 125) - Now worth seroius wedge if you have the set in the original box with bernard cribbins flexi-disc. I should know, I flogged mine when I got maried for £50 to discover it was worth 4 times that amount when I discovered eBay.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Philip Chidlow wrote: Citrojim got in there before you, I'm afraid... posted at 12:12 - on my blog no less 8)
Oi Phil, I beat Jim to it on your blog .... 12:01 to be precise :wink: :lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Philip Chidlow wrote: Citrojim got in there before you, I'm afraid... posted at 12:12 - on my blog no less 8)
Oi Phil, I beat Jim to it on your blog .... 12:01 to be precise :wink: :lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle