Wanted - GTI Skirts/ Bumpers or whatever looks good.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
YorkieTXD

Wanted - GTI Skirts/ Bumpers or whatever looks good.

Post by YorkieTXD »

Hi, i bought my 1993 TxD in Jan, and i am loving it. But just want some things to tidy it up. Its probably a common question but does anyone have any GTI bumpers and skirts. When i say GTI i mean sporty looking bumpers, i have no idea wheteher they are on a 16 valve or a phase 1 or phase 2 or whatever. If there was a sporty looking bumper on the TZD then i wan t that.

I really dont know the difference between many BX's. I just want to make mine look a little more interesting.

Any other mod ideas?

Cheers mateys.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

The TZD has sporty bumpers but not skirts. I may have a TZD soon so you can have the bumpers from that if you want, depending on whether I get the car.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Tourist wrote:The TZD has sporty bumpers but not skirts. I may have a TZD soon so you can have the bumpers from that if you want, depending on whether I get the car.
The TZD bumpers were the same as any other BX hatch models, they just had front foglamps which can be retrofitted to any BX, was only the Phase 2 16v models (late 89-93) that had the fibreglass sports bumpers and sideskirts which is maybe what you are after.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

TZD has front splitter, and as you said cut outs for fogs ... so better than some BX bumpers.
YorkieTXD

Post by YorkieTXD »

Roverman wrote:
Tourist wrote:The TZD has sporty bumpers but not skirts. I may have a TZD soon so you can have the bumpers from that if you want, depending on whether I get the car.
The TZD bumpers were the same as any other BX hatch models, they just had front foglamps which can be retrofitted to any BX, was only the Phase 2 16v models (late 89-93) that had the fibreglass sports bumpers and sideskirts which is maybe what you are after.
well i think the ideal will be the Phase 2 16v bumpers and skirt. But obviously money depending i might settle for the TZD front bumper as it is a little different apparently.

Thanks guys keep me informed!
Current 1993 19 TXD White
Previous 1988 19 Rd
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Check out: http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=105

Matt's put the kit onto his 14, it's not all that easy though. Depends what you want to achieve. Putting a GTi/TZD front bumper with fogs and splitter is a pretty straightforward option and IMHO looks good too. If I remember correctly doesn't the TXD have chrome trim strips? You'd need to change them too - ot indeed colour-code the lot. I 've seen colour-coded (odd term really but you know what I mean) wing mirrors on a BX. I don't know what colour your BX is but if it's a dark colour that might look good too. While you're at it you could colour the sills too.

Not sure what the spoiler is on the back of a TXD but you might consider a GTi=style 'baby-walker' (utterly non-functional! :lol: ) boot spoiler...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
YorkieTXD

Post by YorkieTXD »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Check out: http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=105

Matt's put the kit onto his 14, it's not all that easy though. Depends what you want to achieve. Putting a GTi/TZD front bumper with fogs and splitter is a pretty straightforward option and IMHO looks good too. If I remember correctly doesn't the TXD have chrome trim strips? You'd need to change them too - ot indeed colour-code the lot. I 've seen colour-coded (odd term really but you know what I mean) wing mirrors on a BX. I don't know what colour your BX is but if it's a dark colour that might look good too. While you're at it you could colour the sills too.

Not sure what the spoiler is on the back of a TXD but you might consider a GTi=style 'baby-walker' (utterly non-functional! :lol: ) boot spoiler...
i have said spoiler already on. my car is white, so likely anything i get will have to be resprayed. it does have a bit of chrome down the side, but not above bumpers if thats what you mean.

all help appreciated. i might take a trip to my local scrapyard tomorrow to have a butchers.
Current 1993 19 TXD White
Previous 1988 19 Rd
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Front splitter looks great on a TXD, it's changed the appearance of ours a lot.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo