Alloys For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Alloys For Sale

Post by Tim Leech »

Set of 4 with legal 165/70 tyres which I bought off tourist, the wheels are presentable but the edges are curbed and some TLC wouldnt go a miss. I think these were genuine Citroen accessory ones but I cant guarantee. They are unbent and the tyres are balanced so you an fit them straight on.

The will fit other models. No wheelbolts sorry.

Offers please.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Woops sorry wrong picture!

Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I might add that the curbing was not done by me ... :lol:

They're quite nice wheels I don't mind them, although I doubt they are genuine Citroen.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Tourist wrote:I might add that the curbing was not done by me ... :lol:

They're quite nice wheels I don't mind them, although I doubt they are genuine Citroen.
I dunno Ive definatly seen them on quite a few saxos etc so mabe were an delaer supplied aftermarket alloy maybe?
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Possibly ... I'm unsure when they were fitted to my car, as it has no history :? and even if it did I doubt the fitting of alloys would be in there.

Good luck with your sale Tim.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Forgot to mention price is £60.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Are these the ones you swapped your steel wheels for Tim?
Vauxhall apologist.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Obviously I'm not Roverman but I can tell you that yes, these are the ones we swapped.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Quick to make a buck eh Tim? You got had there Tourist
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Tourist wrote:Obviously I'm not Roverman but I can tell you that yes, these are the ones we swapped.
Not that its anyone business asides James and I but the word "swopped" is incorrect. James you forgot to mention the 220 mile round trip to you and back, plus that I swopped the wheels over for you myself for 4 steels and genuine citroen trims which had MUCH better tyres on plus I DID pay him for them aswell and fitted 2 new spheres which I got at trade price whilst I was down there, not to mention the 50 miles round trip travelling to and from RXBX to borrow a sphere removal tool.

So before you two start your usual accusations I would check your facts :evil: .

I take it you think I shoudl give them away?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Roverman wrote:
Tourist wrote:Obviously I'm not Roverman but I can tell you that yes, these are the ones we swapped.
Not that its anyone business asides James and I but the word "swopped" is incorrect. James you forgot to mention the 220 mile round trip to you and back, plus that I swopped the wheels over for you myself for 4 steels and genuine citroen trims which had MUCH better tyres on plus I DID pay him for them aswell and fitted 2 new spheres which I got at trade price whilst I was down there, not to mention the 50 miles round trip travelling to and from RXBX to borrow a sphere removal tool.

So before you two start your usual accusations I would check your facts :evil: .

I take it you think I shoudl give them away?
On the back foot Tim? I'd swap the wheels over too for that kind of deal and you chose to drive 220 miles to do so. Quite a few people have had parts off me for nowt and travelled huge distances to do so yet I didn't see any of them trying to turn it into a profit.
I know you try and cost everything (we've seen before how much you said free cars you got cost you in workshop fees etc) but there used to be a spirit on here where people gave up advice, time and parts without making excuses about fuel costs. Stick your wheels on eBay if you want to make some money but frankly putting a hefty mark up on them on here stinks of urine extraction so yes, I do think you should give them away seeing as you asked.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Not on the back foot at all, although I dont need to justify myself, I bought something from someone, I have decided I dont like them so they are now up for sale at what I feel is a very fair price, end of story, whether you think I am taking the piss or out to make a buck is up to you, myself, Tourist and probably most of the other members on here know otherwise.

Any interested parties please get in touch.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Forgot to mention a 5th steel spare from a 16v can be included if required FOC to save you carrying two set of wheel bolts, price is negotiable, will part ex a set of wider black steelies with 185/60 tyres on???

Collection only please or can meet part way.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Cavmad and Bandit,

It's none of your business- Tourist and Tim are adults are quite capable of making their own decisions.

Neither Tourist or Tim need to justify their actions to you or anyone else.

If you choose to give parts for free, fine.

But don't expect everyone else to do so.

If they want a drink or too profit, fine.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Thank you mike, I feel humbly scolded now. I'll send myself to bed early without supper :cry:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue