TGD Turbo For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

TGD Turbo For Sale

Post by BX Bandit »

After much agonising about scrapping my beloved TGD Turbo, I have decided that although there is rust along the rear chassis legs, plenty along the inner front wings and loads of rust behind the rear bumper, but that you can't actually see it. So, I'm going to put her back together, make her really shiney and put her up for sale.....a BX saved!

I am however short of a few bits, so if anyone has some spares they have available from their personal stockpile I would be very grateful.

This way I can put her back on the road really cheaply and save a BX!
Any money made from her will go directly into my personal finances and will not be refundable. Please note that any items purchased or donated by/from BXC members are not subject to refund,loss or compensation as a result of me selling my 'beloved' TGD Turbo.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have a garage full of parts you are more than welcome to free gratis Bandit, another BX Saved, well done that man.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

*Picks oneself up from floor*

Ta mate. Bosch Pump, injectors & pipes, alternator, 10 year old spheres and BE/3 synchro's please. Most kind sir!
1990 BX TGD White
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Ive got some warped 16v alloys if you like, set of bolts too, but they are too short for the alloys, ok for steels though.

Oooh, i have a set of slightly damaged headlight protectors too.

There is a bucket of fucked spheres at the farm if you want them, probably 20 odd so you can pick the best.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I've got a dashboard still here I think you can have mate, not sure if grey or black and there's probably some other small spares you could have. I do have one of those 't-piece' things that goes on top of the LHM tank and that seem quite sought after but I want £1.85 for that to cover the cost of my return bus fare to get it.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

BX Bandit wrote:*Picks oneself up from floor*

Ta mate. Bosch Pump, injectors & pipes, alternator, 10 year old spheres and BE/3 synchro's please. Most kind sir!
No problem, anything else? Sorry no ten year old spheres, only new ones.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I have this if you like...

I can't be certain but it may have a slight leak when last used.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Farecla G3 will probably get that sorted Mat, tis only a scratch!

Bandit, do you know anyone that can do this work for you? Or are you doing it yourself?
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I'm hoping on Charlie to do most of the work for me, I'm not so good at mechanical things really and he always insists on doing stuff for nowt. I have one of those small cans of Heineken Largers left over from Xmas that I might give him if he does a good job... However, my neighbour works within the automotive trade and can provide free body work and polishing services when he's not busy. Very generous of him but I just use him to get a good shine off the car to get a good sale like.

Another mate also works at a local MOT garage and can work wonders with the emissions testing machine. All in all, I am surrounded by people within the trade and BX circles who are generous with their time/skills/parts etc so I can save BX's.

The more BX's saved, the better
1990 BX TGD White
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Darn the no edit!....

Billy, thanks mate, yeah if I can have the dash that would be great. Mines not worn out yet, but I'll take your's off you. If i don't need it, I'll sell it and cap the dosh if that's ok? Regarding the 'T' piece, I ironically need that, although I thought you got free bus fares working within the trade? I'll PM you with an offer unless you're willing to trade on a spare nut I have although I would be looking at a 59 pence trade in value on this one.

Matt, that sump looks f*cked. I'll gladly take it off your hands as my mates workshop will weld it up in their spare time. I may keep it, or I may not, in which case I'll ebay it and put the proceeds in my pocket, or I might save another BX if I can get my hands on one cheap enough. Thanks Matt
1990 BX TGD White
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

BX Bandit wrote:However, my neighbour works within the automotive trade and can provide free body work and polishing services when he's not busy. Very generous of him but I just use him to get a good shine off the car to get a good sale like.
Bandit, how impressive is the shine on this BX?
You haven't mentioned the colour so if it's red, I hope it's not pink!
But worse than that I hope it's not brown like a Sierra I had once because that looked like sh*t!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
rhv100
Confirmed BX'er

TGD turbo for sale

Post by rhv100 »

Is this thread a wind-up then?
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

This forum enjoys an outstanding international reputation which is based primarily on the generous exchange of technical information and assistance. This conduct brings the forum into disrepute and is a shameful example of schoolyard bullying.

If it should prove necessary to suspend or terminate any user account public notification will be given in an announcement at the top of the General Chat section of the forum.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg