How NOT to sell a BX (pt. 149286)

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

How NOT to sell a BX (pt. 149286)

Post by DLM »

Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Does he/she really want to sell it? what a half assed description, I threw away the V5, I havent got the brains I was born with :shock:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Let me guess; wife has car, old man has flown the coup with the blonde from the office. She wanted half of everything, he has left her with the car which she insisted on having because she knew he was rapt in it and now it's payback time.
Heard of a similar thing a few years back when a similar thing happened, but in that case daddyo had bought the bimbo a new wagon and his will stated that she could have the car or its value, so the embittered wife (who didn't know the bit on the side existed until the old boy fell off the perch) was told by the legal eagles she had to sell the car for what she could get for it and send the cash along with the receipt for the sale via him back to the girlfriend, so she sold a car worth around $16,000 for $260 of which, the solicitor took $250 fpr admisistration costs.
Nobody's going to try that hard to get a crappy price unless there's some background story like that.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Maybe he is just honest. The BX only appeals to certified wierdos anyway, as we all know. Maybe he just didn't like it. Price and car both look fair to me. I reckon it should be saved
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I agree with Tom (although I liked Alan's near-synopsis of the plot of "La Spagnola", which also has one of the funkiest cooking scenes in cinematic history), we know BX owners and members of this forum in particular are borderline obsessive-compulsives. A more rational member of the car-driving public will just tell it like it is. But they'll miss all the romance and mystery and er.... that's it.

Now, can I fit an estate outside my house? What if I tell SWMBO that it's to hold all the spare parts, tools etc and that she can have the cellar....(thinks...)

O
M

Post by M »

Is it me Oscar - or do you keep flipping into stereo mode when posting?

Is it me Oscar - or do you keep flipping into stereo mode when posting?

:wink:
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Referring back to Alan's scenario, when I got divorced, one of the very few things that came my way was a BX (after being mercilessly repped for a few months).
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Hi Marty

Do you mean I've done this more than once?

Don't quite know how I managed to post twice, apols for reckless use of bandwidth...

O
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Oscar Either that or its a web stammer, i agree about the obsession though, every few years my occupation gets a bit much, so I quit and take timeout to build a new BX, for me its therapy.
Stewart :twisted:
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft