for sale : BX 16 RS 1985 estate LOW MILAGE !!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tomtom81

for sale : BX 16 RS 1985 estate LOW MILAGE !!!

Post by tomtom81 »

Hi everyone,

I m selling this BX 16 RS 1985 estate on ebay. If interested, please visit :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-BX-16-RS- ... 240%3A1318

[/b]
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Heavens! Finally a Mk.1 Break turns up in the Uk. Someone's got to get this in, looks good 8)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's a cracker. And don't forget, being LHD, it (don't worry I'm not going to mention the BXagon :lol: :roll: ) will have that little extra glove box compartment on the top of the dash. That's gotta be worth getting the car for :D :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It doesn't have the extra glove box Phil - just a glorious sea of plastic that warps into wonderful shapes in the sun.

Yes, perfect for the BXagon - as the 'pace car'.

The guy who's selling it just wants to get shot of it , he doesn't realise what it is. Let's hope it finds a good home. Not only are almost all surviving Mk.1 breaks competely knackered but they've got high mileage. Here's one that has escaped the Workhorse syndrome :D
Todd

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oh yes, of course it's not the same on the Mk.1. #-o #-o #-o

Shame it's sooooo far away.
tomtom81

MK1

Post by tomtom81 »

If someone is really interested. I could consider driving it half way. Let s say Manchester. Alternatively, Prestwick airport is only one hour away from Stansted with Ryanair (3 flights a day), and ten minutes from where the BX is parked !! :P
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

That is nearly my ideal BX there! It's not that far from here - I could take a look for anyone and get more photos if you want.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Aerodynamica wrote:That is nearly my ideal BX there! It's not that far from here - I could take a look for anyone and get more photos if you want.
Make sure you take your wallet! :D
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
tomtom81

Post by tomtom81 »

Hi Graeme,

Feel free to contact me via ebay for a viewing :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

toddao wrote:Heavens! Finally a Mk.1 Break turns up in the Uk. Someone's got to get this in, looks good 8)
Being LHD you could consider it too, Todd... As a potential successor to the Yellow Peril?
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Graeme, It's your destiny! :D

Nice thought Phil, though I'm struggling to keep just one BX roadworthy at the moment and it is a little bit of a hike from here - a mere 1600kms!
Todd

OldCitroenFan!

Post by OldCitroenFan! »

Lovely car that and deserves a good price.
tomtom81

Post by tomtom81 »

Could someone tell me how much it is worth, what MK1 stands for, and what makes that car such a cracker ?
Thanks
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

It's only worth what someone's going to pay for it and unfortunately that's determined by a few BX freaks. What makes it special are the instruments and dash binnacle that you've been looking at for the past four years: the drum speedo and the lego switches that were the last manifestation of a Citroen hallmark, before they went conventional.
The fact that there's hardly any left means it was a friend of rot so yours is again is special.

Antiques roadshow style valuation : I think you'd be topping out with that around 5-600 GBP unless some BX bitches enter into a bidding war and push it to 750 and then you'd be laughing. It's the rarity that matters. Spend some time looking aound our little club and then you might be persuaded to keep it!

Where exactly did you buy it and how much did the ole fella want for it?
Todd

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Oooh, it's not worth much, just an old Citroen - in fact I'll take if off your hands for £50, save you scrapping it. :wink:

Mk1 means the first series of BXs, with the smaller front indicators and funky dash, it seems a cracker as they are getting rare, especially estates and more so with the low mileage.
Can't say how much it's worth, whatever someone wants to pay at the end of the day. Fair enough, there are few left, but there's not a massive set of weirdos, sorry fans to bump the price up. Guesstimating between £500 and £1000.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad