Another BX for sale on ebay, mine !

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tidus72

Another BX for sale on ebay, mine !

Post by tidus72 »

Just put my Bx on ebay too, has got to go if anyone is interested,

Item number 220387943237.

:D
1990 BX 16 TGS
Must be barking !
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive taxed worse!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Probably an early TG from the time when Citroen were still running out the RS herringbone trim - should anyone be wondering why the interior doesn't look like the inside of their TG.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

DLM wrote:Probably an early TG from the time when Citroen were still running out the RS herringbone trim - should anyone be wondering why the interior doesn't look like the inside of their TG.
Twas only the 19TGD (same as the TRS/TZS) that got the (knittted by nannas) tweed interior from memory, it also gained PAS over the 16TGS, which oddly enough does have a eleccy sunroof but unassisted steering. The 14TGE and 16TGS always had the red/greeny/grey herringbone trim which is much harder wearing than the tweed.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

much harder wearing than the tweed
wouldn't argue with that.... though they did wear through eventually after a lot of punishment (personal experience from seeing many scrapyard cars).
Twas only the 19TGD (same as the TRS/TZS) that got the (knittted by nannas) tweed interior from memory
That's not my recollection: I'd swear that the TGS which I occasionally drove in the late 1980s, owned by my one-time employers, had grey tweed. I seem to remember that the Scot who normally drove it commented that it wasn't "real" tweed.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

If it was the late 80s then its possible it was a TRS?. The TGS didnt come out until 1989 and from the brochures I have it was listed as having the herringbone seats from 1989-1992 when the "TG"was replaced by the "TX".. You may have been able to upgrade to tweed as an option possibly?. Easy way to tell is if has manual rear windows or not.

The highest miles BX Ive yet to have was a 1990 "G "16TGS which had done some 246000 miles yet the seats were still great and not worn through and were much easier to keep clean.

Anyway back on track again (sorry) thats worth £200 of anyones money plus you get 40mpg easily if you take your time in a 1.6 and they are quite nippy (92bhp 8) )
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

DLM wrote
seem to remember that the Scot who normally drove it commented that it wasn't "real" tweed.
:lol:

Was he looking for a bit of Harris then or suchlike?

I saw somewhere an ad for a 'Woolmark' BX with real wool seats - which one would that be then? Everyone I've had is pretty much 'drip-dry nylon mark'
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

If it was the late 80s then its possible it was a TRS
No - 'twas definitely a TGS. I worked there 88-97 so my chronology might not be 100%. Maybe they allowed the salesman just one optional extra on his fleet-spec model?

A TGS could make a good first BX for someone if the mechanics are in good order (e.g. the fault I describe below) - everything under the bonnet is reasonably accessible (for a BX). There's room around the back of the engine on those simpler petrol models to stick a hand down and reach the height corrector linkage. Usual BX bodywork checks apply - especially in the rear boot floor area.

The TGS was the company's second BX (the first was a 16RS - a red Pilot with ribbed black velour seats. It was a much nicer car then the two 16RSs I ran myself during the next eight years.

However, it went cheaply to a trader after doing 80k in a couple of years when it started burning oil. The valve stem seals had worn as they often do on XU engines, and the local dealer quoted a head-off repair price. I regret not buying it - I could have got the job done cheaply by a local independent garage without the head being removed.

Lack of power steering isn't an issue on the 14 or 16 - it's not really needed - and Citroen only put onto lower-spec 19 diesels (where it's essential ) when the press and public complained bitterly.