HELP - the tge

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

HELP - the tge

Post by chriscarterstevens »

right.

vous avez une probleme!

got back to work to find a huge pool of lhm underneath the tge :cry: god knows what im going to do tbh, it seems like its dripping from the sphere down near the radiator and dripping from somewhere there. the octopus was replaced but im wondering if it might be something connected to that.

that repair was done a while ago and has lasted a while with no issues as yet, until now! as things stand it is low on lhm and i have not moved it... currently i have no car and am walking 2 miles a day to work YES WALKING :lol:

my dad is purchasing a stand in at some point soon to get me through but i fear as i work almost every weekend im going to have issues in sorting this out. the car was/is up for sale, and am unsure what to do!

it may well have to go for spares/repair
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
retrodriver
BXpert

Post by retrodriver »

have you had a closer look yet? IMO its always worth cleaning the offending area as best as possible when leak finding. On mine there is a small section of flexible pipe that looks questionable in its routing and connections, maybe you have just burst a pipe and its dead easy to mend.

By the way while my expertise on Citroens isnt really there yet ive spent a good long time underneath old motors of various types sorting issues so if you need a hand im not too far away.
Alex

1991 BX 16 TGS 104k miles, FOR SALE
2007 Grande Punto Sporting
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

Post by chriscarterstevens »

i have had a look for anything obvious, nothing as far as i can see.

thats what worries me tbh, it could be anything. my mechanical abilities are questionable atm, but i did manage to rectify a braking issue with father in laws mazda and change front pads at the same time :D was quite a good day today, LOL

plus i built a 2 tier rabbit hutch yesterday, as far as i know its still standing :!: :lol:

the car is near where i work but cannot stay there for too long and i only have one space at home, i was looking to get an estate shortly (probably a bx) but now this has put the wind up me :roll:
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

the usual leak around the regulater/ acumalater, is the thin white plastic trickle return pipe which is a push fit into a short rubber pipe on the under side of the regulater, if/when you A/C sphere becomes low on gas or even completely flat, it can cause to much fluid presure to be diverted through this pipe which will pop it out of its joint, all you will need to repaire it is a new A/C sphere fitted, re/attatch the pipe and top up the citro blood (LHM)

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
rangebyte
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rangebyte »

has this problem been fixed? dont like to see cars (or people) in distress lol
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

The car was passed on to a family friend for repair, as I understand it.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.