citroen BX 16v for sale on ebay, better be quick.....

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kevin B
BXpert

citroen BX 16v for sale on ebay, better be quick.....

Post by Kevin B »

Just noticed this item on ebay this morning, might possibly of use to someone, just to save from the 205 fraternity.

Being a late registration it is likely to be a three rom ECU and also have a CAT.

See item number 290319357770

Better be quick though, as the auction has not got long to run.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

As has been noted on the 16v forum, tread carefully. It might be kosher - it might not.

"no mot, tax, v5 or keys. I burst the ignition to get the steering lock off"
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

With the number plate clearly on display for all to see, some of the more knowledgable members of this forum could easily confirm its history (good or bad) via the DVLA. After all if you were selling a dodgy motor on ebay would you display its number plate ?

Its more likely this vehicle has being sent for scrapping, and the scrappy knows its true value exceeds its weight in scrap. Hence has butchered off the steering lock to get the engine started, so in his mind to increase its value.

I personally would not have a problem buying it myself if it was not so far away.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Fair enough. Likely an engine donor BX though, unfortunately... This could be the very same 16v that was so temptingly advertised (and sold) on eBay three or four years ago. I went for well over £1,000 then I think. It was in Shropshire IIRC. There's some speculation on the 16v forum.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v