BX GTi for sale: 1 owner since '93, full history 93k miles

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
iconic

BX GTi for sale: 1 owner since '93, full history 93k miles

Post by iconic »

Good morning guys,

great site you have here, and some very knowledgeable members too, good to see a decent forum for a decent car too.

I have a car sales down in Kent dealing with prestige cars, Lexus, BMW, Merc etc...boring stuff but it pays the bills. I always have a classic as a daily driver, quite often an XM, although a '79 Stingray at present, classics are simply different from what I sell for a living, so keeps my interest up.

From time to time we get some interesting part exchanges come our way and this week a BX GTi has come our way.

Briefly it's a GTi MY 93 K reg with 93k miles. I have been using her, much more fun than a '05 C class and she drives delightfully well
...... she has been owned by Citroen Slough then 1 owner from '93 until last week, it has a proper and full documented service history, all old MOT's bills etc. MOT until end of year, the overall condition is simply amazing.

We have placed her on Ebay, but should a BX club member be interested please PM me and will I do what I can to help at cost to us. She needs to go to a good home, she has never been 'got at' as we say, there aren't many nice ones left and I would prefer she is kept this way

From 9:00 am this morning she is off to Wales as a stand-in car for my brother who has an issue with his newish BMW 5 series cylinder head (not bought from me I should add!) so the BX won't be back for a few days. My brother owned a red BX 16v when 2 years old, as I did, so it's brought a few memories back for both of us.

Any questions drop me a line

cheers guys
Richard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0424362275
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Good luck with the sale Richard, looks a nice example.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

GTi manuals don't come up that regularly these days. Funnily enough two or three autos have appeared recently... A great BX and (sacrilege to say!) in some ways a better day-to-day car than the 16v. (There, I've said it :lol: ). 4 bids already.

Shame it's a user ID hidden auction. Never understand why. But there you go.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
iconic

Post by iconic »

Philip Chidlow wrote:GTi manuals don't come up that regularly these days. Funnily enough two or three autos have appeared recently... A great BX and (sacrilege to say!) in some ways a better day-to-day car than the 16v. (There, I've said it :lol: ). 4 bids already.

....the user 'ID hidden' comes up as standard on the format I use, I don't know why and what it's meant to do either...anyone care to enlighten me?

cheers guys, have a great weekend
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Maybe it's set as a default, as you say. :?:

Wouldn't put me off with this ad though. Fine looking BX 8)

Shame I've already got one!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip Chidlow wrote:GTi manuals don't come up that regularly these days. Funnily enough two or three autos have appeared recently... A great BX and (sacrilege to say!) in some ways a better day-to-day car than the 16v. (There, I've said it :lol: ). 4 bids already.

In 99.9% of cases it's because it hides schill bidding and other such dodgy dealings.
One of the first things I do when I check a motor out on eBay is see if it's a private listing. If it is I simply click off and go and look for something else and I know plenty more people who do the same.

Iconic: when you go to list an item look carefully at each page of eBay and somewhere there's a box you can untick that will make listings 'public'.
Vauxhall apologist.
iconic

Post by iconic »

what is a 'schill bid', is this an overseas scam bidder?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's where peoples mates/family/aquaintances bid on their items to push the price up. It's handy for these schill bidders because if their mate ends up the highest bidder they can leave good feedback for them and because listing is private they can relist a shortwhile afterwards and mostly go un-noticed.
If people don't realise they can go from private to public listings that's fair enough but people who always have private listings have something to hide.
Vauxhall apologist.
iconic

Post by iconic »

OK, I think I understand what you are saying, but who could be bothered to bid on thier own car, sounds like some people have too much time on their hands :roll:

I have tried to make the listing 'public' by going into edit mode, but this appears to be unchangable, maybe becuase we have bids? I e-mailed Ebay Sat' morning but nothing yet...

thanks for the heads up 8)

Richard
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Did these come with Speedlines as standard? Shame its got poundland trims - a small thing I know, but given the impossibility of obtaining correct trims for it.....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

GTi's didn't come with Speedlines as standard (only the Hurricane special edition did). The standard later GTi trims were/are a rattly piece of poo. I was reminded of this fact when I refitted mine. Back to £25-worth of Halfraud's best I'm afraid. For the National I will replace for 'display purposes' but wouldn't bother with them.

I'd just go for some appropriately styled after market trims or fork out on some Speedlines (but that is IMHO an expense most BXers might want to do without)...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

iconic wrote:OK, I think I understand what you are saying, but who could be bothered to bid on thier own car, sounds like some people have too much time on their hands :roll:

I have tried to make the listing 'public' by going into edit mode, but this appears to be unchangable, maybe becuase we have bids? I e-mailed Ebay Sat' morning but nothing yet...

thanks for the heads up 8)

Richard
Plenty I'm afraid as it pushes the price up. The common thing to do is slam a few bids on and stop just short of what you want for it then next (genuine) bidder ends up with it having had the price shoved up by foul means if you like.

As you say because bids on you probably cannot change it but fair play to you for trying.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

£1350 and still going...

:shock:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Worth being aware that ALL ebay listings are like this now. Their policy changed a couple of weeks ago, so it's now not possible to have a "public" listing... they are all anonymous names. Apparently it's cut down on fake second chance offers, but I think it's done more damage than good.
this might be a signature
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Blimey, last time i looked it was over £800 which i thought was a good price anyway. I wonder if the scrappage scheme has infact put the prices up of old motors? Mind you, its a nice car with a great colour & the listing is ace, so i wonder if this could be a record for an 8 valve? Dare i say it, still good value :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.