BX Central Locking Plip/Receiver - For Sale - (Hard To Find)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RxBX
Over 2k

BX Central Locking Plip/Receiver - For Sale - (Hard To Find)

Post by RxBX »

I have for sale a genuine Citroen Central Locking infra-red keyring Plip/Transmitter (Grey in colour with the long red press switch on the side) and Roof Receiver unit, it is used but is in very good condition tested and working perfectly.
New O/E Citroen kits (Transmitter and Receiver) are no longer available from Citroen, however just the Transmitter/plips are, at a cost of £64:15
So its first come first served £35 (Includes postage with insurance)
Please PM me if interested.
Thank you.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

£35? I'm in the wrong game.
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

You can get brand new after market r/c plips for less than halve that price and are a doddle to fit. The BX IR units are not the most reliable.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Besides which it is possible to 'program' two unmatched units to 'talk' to one another so matched pair isn't necessarily necessary!
1990 BX TGD White
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I bought a new remote brand new back in 1999 for the 16v, it cost me over £40 back then and had to wait 3 weeks for it to be made, so given how rare an original one is now I expect if RXBX had ebayed it he would have gotten good money. I bought a new matched set for similar money 3 years ago.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
roody262
Confirmed BX'er

Post by roody262 »

BX Bandit wrote:You can get brand new after market r/c plips for less than halve that price and are a doddle to fit. The BX IR units are not the most reliable.
Any chance you could point me in the right direct for these? I've wondered if i could retro fit an IR transmitter and 2 channel IR reciever from maplins, only downside is there would be no casing making the transmitter flimsy.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

roody262 wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:You can get brand new after market r/c plips for less than halve that price and are a doddle to fit. The BX IR units are not the most reliable.
Any chance you could point me in the right direct for these? I've wondered if i could retro fit an IR transmitter and 2 channel IR reciever from maplins, only downside is there would be no casing making the transmitter flimsy.
If you get an alarm with a radio plip, and it has the control outputs on the alarm you can tie this into the central locking systen.
RF is easier and quicker to use than the Citroen IR especially in the rain! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I dont think I've ever paid more than £12 for matching plip / reciever TBH.
I've got loads of them somewhere. Maybe I should E-Ghey them if they are going for that sort of cash, I could retire!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Hi Chris, if you have a decent case for a plip I would be interested, mine's falling apart. It would be a shame to split a matched pair though so don't worry about it if that's a problem.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Way2go wrote:
roody262 wrote:
If you get an alarm with a radio plip, and it has the control outputs on the alarm you can tie this into the central locking systen.
RF is easier and quicker to use than the Citroen IR especially in the rain! :wink:
As w2g says, don't bother with IR (if they still make them!). Also, w2g's suggestions solves the problem with an alarm! The central locking unit on it's own is probably a bit cheaper and maybe what you want. The chap I bought my unit off doesn't seem to be operating anymore but do a search for remote central locking and you should find something appropriate.
1990 BX TGD White
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

mat_fenwick wrote:Hi Chris, if you have a decent case for a plip I would be interested, mine's falling apart. It would be a shame to split a matched pair though so don't worry about it if that's a problem.
No problem mate, although it *may* have a pug badge rather than Chevrons, although I'll try and find a proper Cit one.
I have many more pug plippers than cit ones...
Odd since I've never owned a pug with central locking!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...