Meeting at Ace Cafe, London, 15th June 2009

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Boulanger

Meeting at Ace Cafe, London, 15th June 2009

Post by Boulanger »

Sorry for the late notice, but there's going to be a definite Citroen presence at the Ace Cafe (http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/) this evening from 6pm.

It's the regular French Classic & Performance evening, but it's usually poorly attended with a few Poo-Jet chavmobiles making a token presence.

Tonight is different as there should be quite a few 2CVGB members attending to mark the decision that next years 2cv L2B run will start from the Ace, but a number of BX and CX owners who I met at yesterday's Bromley Pageant have also said they'll be going, and an SM owner who lives near to me hopes to finish some repairs today in time to attend.

For those who haven't been before it's a great place to meet/eat and there's plenty of parking; as you'd expect plenty of 2cv owners love other Citroens too and often have odd bits tucked away unused for BX and other models. It's also a good place to try and flog any unwanted BX front seats as they're a popular upgrade with 2cv/A-series owners. Hell, you might even meet me, a 2cv owner (green & white Dolly with green roof & bull bars, F*** LTF) with a really superb pair of BX Gti seats which I may soon be replacing with XM ones instead...

Rob :D
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Erm...t think you got it right when saying it was short notice: there aren't that many BXclub regulars around that neck of the woods that I'm aware of. I hope the SM owner turned up in his as they're getting to be a rare sight: I hadn't seen one for yonks until I passed a parked white one last Friday in Twickenham.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

T'was just down the road from but sadly I was already committed to working. Were many people there?
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I would like to go to this when there is a suitable French type theme.

Perhaps July's french night.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!