wanted parts for BX GTI 1989

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
blink

wanted parts for BX GTI 1989

Post by blink »

Hi all, my name is Aaron and I am a new member from the the sunny island of Malta. I just bought last week a 1989 Citroen BX GTI that was one owner from new and has 53,000 on the clock. I am a newbie when it comes to citroen's as I always owned Ford's before. The GTI is very rare in Malta as I was told by the previous owner that only 5 were sold.

This is a picture of the car:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 6945_n.jpg

I am looking for some parts, if anyone has these parts and is willing to sell them and ship them to Malta. I can pay by paypal.

1 knob for the heater (black)
1 glovebox door (black)
1 smoked rear headlamp (right/drivers side)
1 rubber pipe that fits between the airflow meter and the throttle body (gti 8v engine)
2 new speaker grilles (upper dashboard) left/right in black
1 wash/wipe switch preferibly new

Thanks in advance.

blink
1989 Citroen BX GTI- quad headlamps, aftermarket sideskirts and 16v rear lights

2005 Ford Fiesta mk6 - Lambo doors, Lester bodykit, sparco interior, Vibe audio+ lots more
http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/Ford/16943.htm
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I was in Malta in October and decided if I ever left the UK that's where I'd head to. Didn't see many BX's though, but more old wrecks than you could shake a stick at. It was great!

Anyway, I haven't got any decent spares for what you're after so I've wasted your time this far. Sorry!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

From the pic I'd guess you were the proud owner of a GTi 16v (Phase 1), - without sunroof too. This makes it even more desirable and rare. Any chance of more pics (interior, engine bay)?

Welcome to the club!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
blink

Post by blink »

Thanks for the welcome guys,

I am sorry I work offshore so I cant take any more pics for the time being but I will take some more pics and post them on the Forum :)

The car is not in a mint condition but I plan to restore it as it does need a few parts looking after.

I did remove the wind deflectors from the car and the tailblazer on the back which spoiled the lines in my opinion.

The car has also Quad lights on the front I dont know if these are a genuine citroen acessory or from a company like postert or quad conversions.

The car has aircon but it doesn't work, apart from that the rest of the electrics are good enough.

Keep up the goodwork on the forum!

2005 Ford Fiesta mk6 - Lambo doors, Lester bodykit, sparco interior, Vibe audio+ lots more
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

1 knob for the heater (black) - may have, will check.

1 glovebox door (black) - complete ones are like gold dust... most break near the pivot points.

1 smoked rear headlamp (right/drivers side) - quite often on sale (Ebay, Ebay.fr, Ebay.de).

1 rubber pipe that fits between the airflow meter and the throttle body (gti 8v engine) - A Peugeot 205Gti part may well fit.

2 new speaker grilles (upper dashboard) left/right in black - may have, will check.

1 wash/wipe switch preferibly new - For rear wash/wipe or main wipers?

Is there any scrapyard to try in Malta which might have a BX - even if not a GTi? I realise very few may have been sold there but it's always worth trying. Much BX interior trim is interchangeable.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
blink

Post by blink »

From the pic I'd guess you were the proud owner of a GTi 16v (Phase 1), - without sunroof too. This makes it even more desirable and rare. Any chance of more pics (interior, engine bay)?

I believe the car to be an 8v as it looks like a single cam and I dont have 16 written on the top cover.

DLM wrote:1 knob for the heater (black) - may have, will check.

1 glovebox door (black) - complete ones are like gold dust... most break near the pivot points.

1 smoked rear headlamp (right/drivers side) - quite often on sale (Ebay, Ebay.fr, Ebay.de).

1 rubber pipe that fits between the airflow meter and the throttle body (gti 8v engine) - A Peugeot 205Gti part may well fit.

2 new speaker grilles (upper dashboard) left/right in black - may have, will check.

1 wash/wipe switch preferibly new - For rear wash/wipe or main wipers?

Is there any scrapyard to try in Malta which might have a BX - even if not a GTi? I realise very few may have been sold there but it's always worth trying. Much BX interior trim is interchangeable.
I managed to get smoked rear light (left) from ebay I am now looking for a right hand side one.

you are right my glovebox door broke near the pivot point as well.

I will have a look at scrap yards as I might be able to find a BX somewhere.

Thanks for the info.

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ah, well it does have 16v bodykit... Are the alloy wheels 5.5J or 6J?

Either way, nice BX - those twin light accessories are reasonably rare.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I have, for a BX GTi 8v, a brand new air duct that fits between the throttle housing and the airflow meter.
It was bought in error. I would like a sensible price for it. I have two dash mounted speaker grilles too.
Looks to be a good car. Glad to read of someone saving a BX instead of the usual scrapping news.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I have a spare black heater knob and washer switch- front or rear?

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

It doesn't have the 16v kit, just some aftermarket skirts.
blink

Post by blink »

Kitch wrote:It doesn't have the 16v kit, just some aftermarket skirts.
I think that you are right, this is my first bx and I didnt know much about them, but I cant find any other bx pics with similar sideskirts so I do bealive that they are aftermarket items.

Is the front bumper supposed to have the lower splitter or was that fitted to different models?

Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

The front splitter would not have been fitted on your GTi, it was only made standard on the GTi after the 1989 facelift. Easy enough to fit one though... if you can find one!
blink

Post by blink »

kissyfur

bxgti in Malta

Post by kissyfur »

Hi there and welcome to the club. I lived in Malta for 4 years in Qawra and worked at a garage in Ghargur called Servicexpress with a Maltese guy called Matthew Zammit. In the time that I worked there I only saw 2 bx's and they were both white 1.4 RE types. I did see a red diesel estate parked in Mosta once but it looked destined for the scrapyard it was so rough. Getting mechanical parts was no problem but as other people on the site have said unless you find one in a scrapyard there you may be struggling to get other parts. The car looks a real peach and good luck with your search. Say hi to Malta for me too.