if you took the back wheel of would it still drive with 3

Anything about BXs
jacksun1987
BXpert

if you took the back wheel of would it still drive with 3

Post by jacksun1987 »

Hi you guys my know the story. When the french peaserdant got shot at his car. One of the back wheels blown off and it still drove

Would the bx do the same
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I don't know but if you have a BX and are willing to try I'm sure I could borrow a gun from someone.
Meanwhile feel free to start the medication again.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back, Billy. Where have you been?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ignoring shite like the original post in this thread Philip. I've been busy (very busy) elsewhere and had looked forward to a quick browse on here. However the absolute fucking drivel that Jacksun has bashed away at on his keyboard makes me wonder if it's worth logging on anymore.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Amen bro.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i thought these public forums were ment to have the foul FFFING laguage sensored, there is absoloutly no need for it, no matter what or how other post,

and isnt this forum about the BX and there owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

not others shitty attitudes,
we cant all have perfect DICK tation

Paul wrote
"Would the bx do the same"

the boss's son of a citroen service agents i worked at, use to do 2CV cross,

my boss took an old trade in GS along to one of the meets, put the car on high,took a rear wheel off and drove it around the car park/field, no one noticed,

another story
i told a freind of mine it it possible to change a wheel on a hydraulic citroen with out a jack, by placeing the opposite wheel on the curb with car on high,

one day he came back to his GS to find he had a flat rear tyre, remembering what i told him he though he'd try it out,

he noticed an old couple sitting in a metrocity over the other side of the road,

so he put car on high, opposite wheel on curb, but this did not quite lift the other rear wheel off the ground, he realised by just a slight help the car would tip, so he got his frail wife to make out she was putting a lot of effort into liftting the rear of the car, whilst he changed the flat tyre,

he said you should have seen the look on the old couples face's

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

The back NS wheel pared company with my BX (Vera the bitchqueen from Nantwich) on its first shakedown run out to Blackpool - untill it actually fell off I was unaware of the wheel wobbiling like fook. ( The noise I put down to a bearing) However when it parted company for good I did notice the lack of wheel as it manifest in a sudden sideways motion of the car.....

So No you cant drive a BX with the wheel missing. Now go down the pub and chill.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

citronut wrote:i thought these public forums were ment to have the foul FFFING laguage sensored, there is absoloutly no need for it, no matter what or how other post,

and isnt this forum about the BX and there owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

not others shitty attitudes,
we cant all have perfect DICK tation
Since the guy that OWNS the site doesn't mind swearing, and we're all grown up's then no, you're wrong.
No need for it? Matter of opinion, swearing was once used to emphasise how strongly one felt on a subject before it became diluted in it's power by everyone using it.

Yes, this IS a BX forum, for BX owners and people that want a BX, what it is not, and should not be, is a forum where arsepieces start 3000 threads of utter crap for no reason whatsoever.

Oh, and it's dictation.

This is not about poor spelling, so get off you're "dyslexic" horse.

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

sorry but it seems to me various people on here go absaloutly bannanas and start chucking there rattles out there prams when someone posts something light harted or the grammer is not quite right,

"swearing was once used to emphasise how strongly one felt on a subject"

that depends on how you were bought/draged up

also when the swear words are actualy aimed directly at any one forum member then it becomes personal

even if/when they are trying to add usefull BX info

kind regards
malcolm
Last edited by citronut on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Light hearted is no problem, typo's is no problem, occasional lack of grammar is no problem.

When one user endlessly starts threads that are out and out illegable, and mostly utter crap, then that's a problem.

I'm dyslexic, so I bugger up spelling all the time, I also type slower than my brain thinks, so I make typo's alot too.

On the whole though, my posts are still legable, IE you can understand what I'm saying.

When one dude turns up, asks questions that re not understandable, then continues to start thread after thread after thread about nothing at all, then dont be surprised if people get arsy with him.

I mean, seriousley, you've read all of this guys threads?
How many can you actually understand?

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i dont now were this paticular forum member is from, but i have noticed that forum members from other countrys have trouble speaking anywhere near queens english,

i personaly have been slated numarous times by a certain forum member just on my spelling and grammer being incorect

kind regards
malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

citronut wrote:i dont now were this paticular forum member is from, but i have noticed that forum members from other countrys have trouble speaking anywhere near queens english,
His profile suggests Lincoln...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

citronut wrote:i dont now were this paticular forum member is from, but i have noticed that forum members from other countrys have trouble speaking anywhere near queens english,

i personaly have been slated numarous times by a certain forum member just on my spelling and grammer being incorect

kind regards
malcolm
Yep, Lincoln I reckon.
Dude, if a member is from another country and english is not his / her first language then it's entirely understandable that the grammar may be a bit less than perfect. Thats understandable and acceptable.
At least they TRY, they put effort in to make themselves understood in what is for them a foreign language, thats comendable.

When english is your first language it's reprehensable to be so slack in it's use. And text speak should be banned outright on any forum anywhere, there is absolutley no reason whatsoever for it, there is no bandwidth issues here.

If you personally have an issue with any member "slating" you then I trust you are man enough to deal with it. If you feel aggreved then there is a PM facility to explain yourself should you so choose to do so, posting on another forum about how someone dislikes you is not very gentlemanly at all.

Equally, I understand you are also dyslexic, and yet I can understand the jist of what you say.
In these days of spellcheckers, dictionary's and even the fabled bablefish the sort of utter crap jackass is issuing forth is entirely unaccetable.

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

citronut wrote: "swearing was once used to emphasise how strongly one felt on a subject"

that depends on how you were bought/draged up
I was brought up just fine thanks.
It's not about social etiquette, thats how it was, history dictates that. Across all social classes and standing.
citronut wrote:also when the swear words are actualy aimed directly at any one forum member then it becomes personal

even if/when they are trying to add usefull BX info

kind regards
malcolm
Erm, swear words have not been "directed" at anyone, they have been used in sentences to emphasise displeasure. Taken as a whole what you're saying makes no logical sense.

Further, at what point since Jackass joined has he added anything useful to the BX world?
Are there many threads of gold worthy importance I have missed here?

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Doc, once again you're bang on the money.

Malcolm, he deserved it, simple as that and as Doc said it was aimed at him (Jacksun) which is pretty obvious if you read it again.

If you've been slated on other forums for your spelling that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread or my comments, and I'd already said I personally didn't mind spelling mistakes too much.

I hope you're not implying anything about how I was brought up incidentally.
Vauxhall apologist.