Ace opportunity?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Ace opportunity?

Post by Philip Chidlow »

(From the CCC forum)

3rd October 2009 – Ace Café London Citroën 90 Years Celebration

As part of a series of events to commemorate ninety years of the Citroën Company, Saturday 3rd October will see simultaneous gatherings of Citroën vehicles of all ages and road runs through many European capital cities. Entitled the 'Croisiere Blanche' - referring to the famous Citroën expeditions of the twenties and thirties - these nocturnal runs will be headed by Citroëns illuminated with LED lighting during their tour of each capital city.

Ace Café London

Within this concept, Citroën UK has arranged a gathering at the famous Ace Café on the North Circular Road, London - the venue incorporated a Citroën dealership in the post-war years! All Citroën vehicles will be welcome to take part, and the aim is to have as many models as possible represented of all those produced over the ninety years. Historic or concept vehicles from the Conservatoire may also be on display.

Plaques and prizes

Everyone attending will receive a commemorative event plaque, and in addition, a judge will chose a winner of one car produced in each of the nine decades from 1919 to the present day. The winners will receive 90th Anniversary souvenir packs containing unique items.

Croisiere Blanche

After some hours of informal chat - and awards - at the Ace, as night falls we hope to be able to invite you to join in the Croisiere Blanche itself - this is subject to confirmation of the route details as we go to press. The run will follow a route from the Ace into and around central London, taking in locations of both general and Citroën interest. A route-sheet will be provided, although we shall avoid complex navigation!

All you need to know!

Please arrive from 4pm on Saturday 3rd October. Due to limitations on space, the café frontage will be reserved for vehicles being entered for judging, but there is plenty of additional parking. To make judging, catering and parking easier, you are required to register for the competition in advance. Please email Jemma Chalcroft or Katie Read at Citroën UK with your name, car model and registration number. (jemma.chalcroft@citroen.com or katie.read@citroen.com )

The Ace Cafe is located at Ace Corner NW10 7UD, just off the A406 North Circular Road, and is accessible from the Abbey Road junction with the A406 (south-west of the A404). (www.ace-cafe-london.com)

Citroën UK will be filming the event.

Thanks

Citroën UK would like to acknowledge the assistance given by the Citroën Car Club, 2CVGB, and the Traction Owners Club in organising this event - join us to celebrate 90 years of Citroën!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Daisy
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 19TGD 1991 "Daisy" RIP 21/7/2014
Citroen BX 19TGD 1990 "Myrtille "

Post by Daisy »

Hi Phil
Are you planning to go?
'90 19TGD 'Olympic Blue' "Myrtille"
'91 19TGD 'Alpine White' 28.02.91-21.07.14 "Daisy" R.I.P
Still on the road - Many thanks to Rob Moss at Chevronics, Hitchin, Herts
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sadly, at the moment, no... I've used an awful lot of brownie points up recently!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I am hoping to go, it is not too far from me either.

Just need to get the BX fixed first.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

im going, prob in the sophie,the italian MK1 BX (as she's been everywhere else this year!! 4000km on the continent!)
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
BX nut
Confirmed BX'er

Post by BX nut »

I'm doing my best to be there. It'd be good to meet some other BX nutters, ahem owners, :lol:
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

My old man's driving up from the West Country with our phase 1 16V - will be the furthest it's been driven in about 4 years! That's total mileage, not 1 journey either :shock:

Mike - get the car fixed mate :D

I've not had a response from the Citroen person I e-mailed - hopefully we can get the car in.

If anyone sees a silver phase 1 that's completely stock (it may or may not have had the nasty DTM add on extension to the exhaust removed, depending on what's under it!) then say hi!

Adrian
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hope to see you all there.

The BX is now fixed (until something else fails).

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Daisy
BXpert

Post by Daisy »

Hi Adrian, I also emailed the Citroen.uk person, to be told that Ace Cafe parking was limited to entrants to the judging classes.
So park where you can. Hopefully,we can meet up.
Daisy
BXpert

Post by Daisy »

Mike - think positive!
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Hiya

Yeah - I've asked to be entered for the judging but suspect they'll pass us over for an entry for that!
BX nut
Confirmed BX'er

parking

Post by BX nut »

Hi. Having never been to the ACE cafe before, can't remember the last time I went to London either, where is going to bed the best place for parking and possibly meeting up?
This will be my first meeting attendance and it would be nice to see some friendly faces.
If I see your phase 1 gti Adrian I'll give you a shout :lol: .
many thanks
Allan
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Hiya

I've never been before either - I believe there's a big parking area assigned for attendees with appropriate cars (i.e. us!), with the concourse entries being parked out front of the cafe.

Some info here:

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx

According to web site it starts at 4pm, so I guess aim for around that time. Having said that there's no timetable I'm aware of so I guess play it by ear.

Adrian
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Well my dad's been hard at work cleaning the car for Saturday, plus sorting out some minor oil and water leaks following the top end rebuild - the cam cover gasket and thermostat housing weren't quite sealed at the first attempt!

This weekend will put more miles on the car than it's done in the last 4 years combined!!

Click for full size versions

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That is one DELICIOUS car. Seems in fantabulous condition too. 8)