Post by frugg »

I have indeed, i'll just get them....
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

....I have got them. :)

The CXM Rally

11-13 September 2009
Location is as per usual (and the same as the DSM Rally), The Village Cricket Pitch (Behind The Shoulder Of Mutton Pub), Church Street, Little Horwood, Milton Keynes, MK17 0PF

*Technical Talks and Demonstatrations -

Greame Mcnulty will cover his own LPG conversion and other topics on demand.

Roger Bradford will present a buying guide, with hints on what goes wrong with a CX, Significance of various defects.

*Convoy Drive in this beautiful part of the country with a stop at a nature reserve (Saturday - and i will be leading it!)

*Raffle

*Fish'n'Chips Supper on Friday Night
*French-Themed Dinner on Saturday Night
*Buffet Lunch on Sunday

Prices -

£5 Day
£10 One nights camping
£15 Camping all weekend.

Any questions:

cx_section@citroencarclub.org.uk
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

oo I might pop over to this ,

I love cx's and Milton Keynes isnt that far away
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

frugg wrote:Roger Bradford will present a buying guide, with hints on what goes wrong with a CX, Significance of various defects.
Could I just point out the idiocy of having a buyers guide presentation given to lots of people who already own the car in question.

Not that I would ever want to listen to anything that Roger Bradford has to say anyway........
this might be a signature
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ok see you there, will be in the Blue BX but will hide it away :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

DavidRutherford wrote:Could I just point out the idiocy of having a buyers guide presentation given to lots of people who already own the car in question.

Not that I would ever want to listen to anything that Roger Bradford has to say anyway........
Not really :)

I quote from the CX Column:
Greame Mcnulty in the cx column wrote: Perhaps you're looking for one and could take advantage of the buyers guides.
This is for potential CX to be owners. For an example ,I know that Tim Leech has always fancied a CX and since he has never owned one - these buyer's guides will be very informative for him and indeed the others who would like to buy one of these fantastic machines in the future :)

Personally, I have nothing against Roger at all and he is a good friend of mine...but everyone has there own views on people.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

surely i half hour discussion on the process of iron oxidisation is going to be a little, erm, dull? I've never seen a CX that wasn't riddled with the stuff somewhere.
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Vanny wrote:surely i half hour discussion on the process of iron oxidisation is going to be a little, erm, dull? I've never seen a CX that wasn't riddled with the stuff somewhere.
That's quite a good point there :lol: but they don't all rot - my series 1 Gti Turbo with no rust at all and it has never, ever been welded:

8)
Last edited by frugg on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

now while thats a fantastic shot and a good looking car, infact probably the best looking CX i've ever seen, i just can't believe it has NO rot. I might have to attend with an MOT hammer (read very pointy screw driver)
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Nice photo.

but was it taken in 1985?

My mates 1988 CX had more rust than the Titanic.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

The photo was taken in December 2008 for when it was featured in Practical Classics Magazine. I can assure you there is no rust and no rot at all

We had it on the ramp last week to waxoil it and the underneath is like new 8) It has only covered 70,000 miles from new and it is the best driving CX i have driven in over 20 years of owning and driving them 8)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

frugg wrote:I have nothing against Roger at all and he is a good friend of mine.
I hope you can feel the same way the day after after he kills an innocent person on the road after his lastest bout of drink-driving. Anyone who boasts about how brilliant they are at drink-driving should be shot.

Several times.
this might be a signature
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Greame Mcnulty will cover his own LPG conversion and other topics on demand.
First I heard of it - I thought they wanted me to talk about height correctors or something?

LPG chat would be pointless as i am not up to speed on how best to convert a CX with petrol injection DIY stylee and it's also clear that many CXs are diesels.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Aerodynamica wrote: First I heard of it - I thought they wanted me to talk about height correctors or something?

LPG chat would be pointless as i am not up to speed on how best to convert a CX with petrol injection DIY stylee and it's also clear that many CXs are diesels.
I have copied the stuff over from the Citroenian, Page 4. Brilliant CX Column this month Greame - covered 13 pages in Total 8)