BX RALLY !

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

BX RALLY !

Post by ren16tx »

^^ ^^
I think it would be a good time to look into organising a BX Rally,firstly, would there be enough support for a rally?
i have 2 ideas;
1/ A BX rally for sat 31st october, to welcome back the "BXAGON" teams,
2/ A full BX weekend rally next year, maybe in july?

so, if anyone has any ideas/suggestions/help let me know! although im pushing the idea, if someone else has other plans and wants to take over,then thats ok! otherwise,im happy to push ahead with the rally,but your support is NEEDED!
i await your responce!! :lol:
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nice idea. Can I respectfully ask it isn't immediately post BXagon! We'll be knackered and all have to catch up with family, work etc.

But definitely in the new year. But why wait for July? How about Half-term in February (weather in Feb's been generally good in recent years)... That means basically weekend 13/14 or 20/21?

But where?

I remember this has been discussed at length in the past. (I seem to remember suggesting The Shuttleworth Collection but that's not open until after the start of April...) What about the Heritage Motor Centre in Warwickshire?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Fair point!!
Feb is out for me, as i'll still be in vietnam! should be back April time,
we could hold it end of May poss? july does not seem to clash with any other cit events?
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

Maybe "Roverman" could get it put through the CCC so you could get the funding from them and all the support with banners etc :P
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

yep, doing it as a CCC event is the way to do it, the BIG qustion is "do we want a BX rally"? think we can muster up 50 plus BX's? we should be sble to do that easily! :roll:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

What was the BX turnout at Stratford? The CCC National saw 20 to 22.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Less than 10 I think..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

docchevron1472 wrote:Less than 10 I think..
Doesn't bode well :?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It was quiet generally really.
The wind didn't help..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

we had over 40 BX's at the BX CHALLENGE, over 20 at this years national,and as for stratford, there were "several of us" who came along in other citroens who could of brought BX's,
So, i reakon we would be looking at around 30 BX's at a BX RALLY, which is good,but there must be 100's of BX's on this forum alone, there should be no reason why we can't muster up over 100 BX's :D the D Section can do it,and there's alot less D's than BX's!!

As a date, how about the end of May Bank Holiday weekend? do it as a sat/sun rally leaving monday free? :?: :)

location wise, i was thinking somewhere along the M4,maybe between Reading /Newbury area,as this should be faily easy for most people to get to?
chris
frugg
BXpert

Post by frugg »

ren16tx wrote: location wise, i was thinking somewhere along the M4,maybe between Reading /Newbury area,as this should be faily easy for most people to get to?
chris

I can't help thinking that the Newbury area isn't really that central - what about where the DSM and CXM rally are held - Little Horward near Milton keynes area :?:
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Alot of rallies seem to be in the same area,the DS/CXM/Stratford/National (gaydon heritage museum), there are already two rallies at little horwood, a 3rd would be gettig boring! and the site has to be paid for in advance,and you're talking 100's of £s!
The G rally,which is down south (nr Farnham,surrey) does not put many people of attending,and attendence is faily good,concidering how few G's there are left!! many travel a fair distance,i don't think being too "central" is all that important,providing getting to the site is faily straight forward, but im still open to suggestions!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I'm up for it and can bring a couple of cars along and of course try and draw some attention to it through the cCC, but is there enough of us to get together? or will it be a dead duck. The turnout for the national and stratford was both poor so we need to be sure we have enough people to make it worth while.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Heritage Centre is Mucho money (and next door to where i work), i wonder is the National Motorcycle Museum might be a better bet?

http://www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk/

Out of interest why would it need to be a CCC meet? My understanding is that the best Citroen meets have nothing to do with the CCC, some of the regional events are quite good, but the national offers little by way of entertainment or space to party. 2CVGB meets are legendary and much more the sort of thing that would interest me rather than sitting in a field polishing cars and discussing the finer points of Dosseur valve design.

My understanding is that rallys normally build up, often comprising multiple sub groups? I think asking for 100 cars is pointless, you might get 100 cars but if they just drive up park for a while and leave, what is the point? I'd rather have a weekend event with cracking interesting company with only 10 cars, then look at a car park of BX's.

The way to build good meets is to provide something with entertainment (not needs be karaoke, but points of local interest), plenty of room, reasonable organisation, and a great atmosphere. I've worked some really big events before which started much smaller, and they get progressively more dull as time goes by and they get too big. Equally i've been to close packed events where there is nothing to do locally and you come away thinking, 'why did i bother?'

I would also be tempted to link the event into something bigger, like the ICCCR though pehaps that is a long way away yet? And invite other BX groups and even non BX groups. I imagine the Dutch boys and girls would love an invite, and i've been invited to the 2cvgb meets multiple times.

You might even consider having the event near a race circuit such as Mallory Park and have it coincide with a low budget series championship such as the tin snail racing or ginetta cup, or even a saxo competition? Most circuits have campsites, many with good entertainment, and the middle of the table circuits always love to have a good turn out to any event! Infatc there is no reason why it has to be circuit racing, there are a lot of hill climb events accross the country which the keen BXer could happily enter, if we had sufficient entrys we might be able to have a sub class. (hill climb is simply driving down an access road, there is not needs be a hill involved, but it is single car on course, and you race the clock!).

I'm just throwing my thoughts in, a BX Rally would be good, but i feel thought needs to be given into sustainability of a annual/bi-annual event.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Can't you do something oop north for a change? Pretty please!
Vauxhall apologist.