WANTED BX DIESEL Haynes manual

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
jet_black

WANTED BX DIESEL Haynes manual

Post by jet_black »

I have trawled through ebay with absolutely no joy :cry:
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Be aware that there was never a Haynes 'BX diesel' manual, instead you are supposed to buy the petrol manual, together with 'Citroen Diesel Engine' supplement.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
jet_black

Post by jet_black »

that explains why I couldn't find one then :oops: the main reason we want one is for changing the spheres, so I am assuming that the petrol cars will be the same with these?
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Neither manual has very much useful or specific to say on the subject: I'd look elsewhere - the BX DIY site, for example http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/sus ... ension.php

Avoid any crackpot destructive ideas for removing spheres and heed the safety warnings. Initial "cracking" of the spheres must generally be done under pressure, but system pressure must be released before going any further using the 12mm-headed pressure relief bolt/screw on the pressure regulator - at which point the car will drop unless it's already supported or set to the lowest height position..

A good investment is to buy or make a sphere removal tool - particularly if you need to change some rear spheres. Front spheres are generally easiest to do.

If ride has become very hard then be prepared for lhm spillage as the "flat" spheres - more full of lhm than nitrogen - empty out on removal. A plastic bag around the sphere on the last few turns when removing may avoid some mess, particularly if the lhm coming out resembles green lemonade due to gas leakage from within the sphere.

You'll also find some advice if you use the search facility on the forum - questions on this topic are raised and answered on a pretty regular basis.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

Not entirely correct: If you open the pressure release valve on the regulator, the car will not drop, since ride height is solely controlled by the height correctors. I have a car with a flat sphere on the regulator, but if I put the car in the highest setting, it will stay up for almost a week.

So if you want to release the pressure, it's enough to place the car in the lowest position, after that jack it up (per axle!) and most of the LHM will pour out of the spheres and into the struts. Otherwise it will be a alien-bloody mess.
Amsterdam Radar: "UK747 stop climb flight level 210 for noise abatement"
UK Pilot: "Confirm stop climb FL210 for *noise*?"
AMS Radar: " Yesh Shir there is an aircraft above and you'll make a big noish when you hit"