BX written off at 21:30 tonight

Anything about BXs
ed4ferrets
BXpert

BX written off at 21:30 tonight

Post by ed4ferrets »

Was involved in an accident earlier which is surely a write off for my beloved TZD :cry:

Driver of a large Mercades (failed breathaliser) pulled out from the left in front of me, I swerved and braked but but bang next thing we were in a ditch. Managed to avoid a pole and a tree on the way in though!

Impact was along most of the left side, mostly the front door so the missus is somewhat battered and bruised....

Anyway, rather shaken up and pissed off at the same time right now, car is still in the ditch about 3 miles from home....
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Glad you & the Missus is OK Ed. :D Although were fond of our BX's, at the end of the day they're just bent tin & repairable or replaceable. :wink: People are more important! 8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Thanks way2go of course you are right, being alive and therefore able to get another BX is a definate plus :wink:

I had considered making the journey in my daughter's Fiat Cinquecento but doubt that it/we would have fared as well if the same thing had happened :shock:

Can't get to sleep :evil:

I will now have to get the Xantia sorted ..... 1.9td cylinder head anyone???
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Aw Ed that sounds bad dude! Glad you're ok and the Missus ain't too bad. As w2g says it may well be repairable. Keep us posted Ed!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse.

Metalwork can be replaced, people cant - glad you both got out relatively unscathed.

Ed - try JKW, he may know of a head and be able to help you - probably best to text him though...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Very sorry to hear about the BX Ed, but more importantly I'm very relieved to hear there were no major injuries. All my best wishes to you and your wife - who I'm sure had some "interesting" things to say about the Merc driver.

Was that by any chance somewhere along the main road along which Ferretville is located? I've sure I've seen some erratic driving along there before now.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

On the plus side I won't be needing an exhaust for mot next month :wink:
It happened on the Tormarton rd between Tormarton and Marshfield. This intersects the A420 which you are thinking of David ....... yes much dodgy driving occurs along there alright!!

Last pic shows yield sign ignored by drunk numpty :x

He called this morning to apologise and explain it was a company vehicle so can only provide details on Monday ...... reckon his boss will be dancing the fandango on his sorry ass too 8)

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Oh dear thats a mess, the main thing is noone was badly heart.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

That might not be the end actually.

Sill looks fine, as does B pillar. If the A pillar is intact, it might just be an easy repair...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Although the screen pillar is looking a tad ravaged in pic 2 :(
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

A pillar is shot, and the inner chassis rail will be stuffed, i'd be surprised if the inner wing hasn't carked it too. I'd hedge my bets on tha being an expensive repair, but a deffinate right off from the insurance point of view.

Annoyingly it looks like you nearly managed to avoid the bugger.

Glad your both alright though, bet that was a tad scary on the way towards the tree!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Nasty - but well done on reacting well and ensuring it wasn't as bad as it could be!
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

agree with your acessment(sic) Vanny, glove compartment burst open and won't close, seems to be squished in from the side........ :?

Anyhoo, watched them recover it with difficulty and take it away, 'against policy' to drop it at my place!

Anyone been compelled to use 'Driver Assist' for a courtesy car? Their service sucks, it took numerous calls since early this morning to eventually get the info at 1630 that earliest I can get a car from them is TUESDAY :evil:

Oh and offside front wheel is pushed right back against rear of wheel arch, perhaps as a result of my attempt at ploughing.

Engine runs but no hydraulics

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

SHIT!
That explains the voicemail I managed to delete rather than listen to whilst pissed then....sorry Ed.
Glad you escaped relitivley unscathed though.

Sorry to say that car looks well dead mate, which is a shame since it was a little gem, but as said above, cars can be replaced, people can't.

So, yeah, anyone have a decent 19TD head knocking about?
I took the old head off Ed's Xantia months ago, and haven't been able to get a replacement that wasn't stuffed.

Actually, if the worst comes to the worst, we could rip the head off the BX and shove that on it.....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...